LASER is used in Combination with Infra Red. Usually Helium Neon L A S E R is used.
Lasers have many important applications. They are used in common consumer devices such as optical disk drives, laser printers, and barcode scanners. Lasers are used for both fiber-optic and free-space optical communication. They are used in medicine for laser surgery and various skin treatments, and in industry for cutting and welding materials. They are used in military and law enforcement devices for marking targets and measuring range and speed. Laser lighting displays use laser light as an entertainment medium.Treatment is done in two ways:
1. Direct contact (directly over the skin)
2. Distance contact (5cm away from the skin) Where Useful?
1. Open wounds
2. Pressure ulcers
3. Diabetic ulcers
4. Surgical wounds
Where it should not be used?
1. Epileptic persons/persons with recurrent fits
2. Persons with cardiac problems
3. Persons using artificial pacemakers
Advantages of Mild Type Laser Treatment
1. Pain is relived
2. Healing is faster Precautions Necessary When Using Lasers
Use goggles to protect eyes