MIS Major Subject

Author Topic: MIS Major Subject  (Read 6524 times)

debashish

MIS Major Subject
« on: February 26, 2009, 06:59:51 PM »
Sir, I like to know that can we take MIS as major subject from BBA program? Because in today's newspaper I saw that there is not mentioned MIS as major subject from BBA program? Many students admitted in our university to take MIS as major subject from BBA program. Because we have a good reputation in IT sector as well as IT based university. We want to make our university as Digital University. If in the min time this subject will stop then it will shocked our students very much. Like many students I also thought to take MIS as major course. Then all the students who wants to take MIS subject from BBA program, what will we do now?

Thanks you.

Offline md

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: MIS Major Subject
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 07:23:50 PM »
I think it is a mistake. MIS should be there.

Offline sumon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 11:32:33 AM »
DAER Debasish.
please go through the University course curriculum, u ll find ur answer. MIS is available in our course curriculum. If you want make it major please contact your department office. they ll assist u.
thanking you

M. Ziaul Haque Sumon
Sr. Administrative Officer
Career Development Center, DIU

debashish

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 08:17:38 PM »
Dear Sir,

I was interested to take MIS as major but I didn't find any relevant course in the list of offered courses expect two subjects. I already talked with one of this course teacher, he said most of the students are not interested to take MIS as major. We some friends were interested to take MIS as major. But at present we changed our subject due to this reason.

When day by day technology is going to relate with our life but the demand of this subject is lagging behind. The main reason maybe lack of consciousness or lack of proper information. We are surrounded in our traditional subject like, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, HRM. But the demand of this subject is going upwards. Is it not possible to make more consciousness by giving proper information, proper knowledge, scope of working fields, etc.  
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:50:12 PM by debashish »

Offline Md. Limon Hossain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 09:57:15 PM »
Dear Mr. Debashis:

There have four relevant courses. That’s:
            1.   Introduction to Computer and
            2.   Computer Information System as core course, and
            3.   Computer Programming and Application
            4.   Management Information System as functional course.

If you take the MIS as major course may be this are the enough as relevant course. I think to get more information its better to contact with BBA head of the department.

ALL THE BEST
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-523
Cell: +8801717885679
E-mail: limon-hossain@diu.edu.bd And limon.hossain@yahoo.com
Daffodil International University

debashish

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 08:37:51 AM »
Dear Limon, Thanks for your post. For your kind information I have already completed Introduction to computer and Computer Information System. Please think that before registration under any major course you get some relevant subjects to choose but please check that you will not get any MIS (for major) and any subject under this. You will get Finance and other relevant subjects, Marketing and other relevant subjects, etc. Though I talked with a teacher he said their is not enough students for MIS to run the class.

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 10:33:23 AM »
Mr.Debashish I respect your thinking. One of my friends also wanted to take MIS as a major course. As you know Mr. Debashish there are very few students want to take MIS as major subject. so DIU does not offer MIS as a major. We know a class limitation is about minimum 25 students, So, if desire student fulfill the requirement, authority will offer this course.   

As Diu offered MIS in our curriculum . So, it should be added. It may possible junior students may take this course in future.
Name: Ashiq Hossain
ID: 121-14-696 & 083-11-558
Faculty of Business & Economics
Cell:01674-566806

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 10:56:09 AM »
You all mean... BBA major in MIS, right....that would be great. MIS is very demandable course in the market....Business and IT, combination of both
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline faham

• I'm different.... ;)
    • View Profile
    • FahamBD
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 02:22:15 AM »
3 semesters ago MR. MASUM sir told me "You are the 2nd person who is interested to take MIS as a major subject. how can we offer MIS only for 2 students?"
that's the end of my MIS MAJOR DREAM ....  :-[ Selected HRM (2nd option) as a major :) INSHALLAH! will go for MIS @MBA.

That's right! for few students it's not possible to run major subject.
but i thing DIU authority don't know the answer how many students are interested for MIS major. One of the easy way to find this answer, offer "Computer Programming and Application" as a functional course. Those students will show interest for this course surely have interest on IT.
DIU authority can also collect feedback about MIS MAJOR from "CIS" & "MIS" course's students.

At HRM major presently 20+ students, 3 semester ago it was only 5+ ......
starting is important. Hopefully after few semester number of student will increase.

by the way, it is just my personal opinion.

That's sure it's all about student's demand.
That time sir also told me" If you can mange nearly 10 students from your friend then we can offer easily"
Faham Kabir
MBA (112), HRM & MIS
BBA (073), HRM
Daffodil International University,
Asst. Manager (HRD & MIS)
New Horizons CLC of Dhaka
http://fb.com/fahamkabir

debashish

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 08:19:07 AM »
Thanks Faham vai and well said that "starting is important." I do believe we will get more than 10+ students for MIS. Authority also can check this by offering MIS, on the other hand we can also encourage others to take MIS for bright future and make more conscious by giving proper information, proper knowledge, scope of working fields. The area of MIS is big and a demandable subject because no other subject have combination like Management + Information System. Through this subject we can learn dual subject.

Offline Md. Limon Hossain

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 08:30:44 AM »
Dear Mr. Faham:
Thanks to express your opinion. Students are not aware about the demand of MIS subject like you. If authority takes initiative to make awareness on that subject then number of student could be increase.

It’s true that a class can not be conduct by only two students. If you all come together to head of the BBA department, then he can consider it.

Interested are write here to get MIS as major subject. I think if students are show their interest then DIU must be consider it.

ALL THE BEST
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-523
Cell: +8801717885679
E-mail: limon-hossain@diu.edu.bd And limon.hossain@yahoo.com