Day Care Centre for Babies

Author Topic: Day Care Centre for Babies  (Read 26414 times)

Offline shamsi

• View Profile
Re: Day Care Centre for Babies
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2010, 12:35:53 PM »
Dear Tanzina Madam and Bidita,

As a mother of a 1 year old child,I am really grateful for what you are doing to establish a Baby Care Center here in DIU.And I will be very happy to be a part of it.

Bests

Shamsi

Offline irina

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 11:30:46 AM »
I once again want to extend my full support to this project. How can I help you, Bidita?

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 12:08:13 PM »

Thank you Madam

Yes I will meet with you after exam..And I need your suggestion for more information ...

Best regards

BIDITA
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline tanzina_diu

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2010, 12:57:48 PM »
Thanks Shamsi for your interest. Hope, it will be a successful project. Very soon we will call a meeting.
Tanzina Hossain
Assistant Professor
Faculty of Business & Economics

Offline bidita

• View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2010, 12:30:48 AM »
The mission of the Child Care program is to provide quality early care and supervised setting to empower children to become responsible, healthy, functioning adults.

The first five years of a child's life are the formative years, as they develop the habits that will stay with them the rest of their lives. This is why we believe that parents should have knowledge about all aspects of these programs. We encourage our teachers to visit other day care center like Grameen phone day care center and to be knowledgeable about the level of care being provided to their child. Parents are a child's first and most important teacher. We want to be with you to nurture your children in a safe environment where they can grow in emotional, social, physical and cognitive ways each day.

Thank you
BIDITA
23rd batch
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline bidita

• View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2010, 01:15:19 AM »
   Day care centres and working mothers    

A short story

Ayesha Siddika Biplobe

Putul was a happy woman until the birth of her first child. That was 10 years ago when Anik was born and her trouble with her husband began. In the end, she surrendered to keep the marriage intact.

Under pressure from her husband, a college teacher, Putul had to quit her well-paid job at a private company just because there was no one else to take care of the baby. She had to stay home for the sake of her child.

Working mothers in Bangladesh have problems almost similar to the Putul's. The only husband-wife-family -- both of them working -- suffer most. Such families do not get the services of the elder members such as mothers, aunts and mothers-in-law. They either depend on maid or mothers sacrificing their jobs for the infants.

Putul, however, is still a sad woman.

"Had there been day care centres at that time I could have sent my child there and kept on working," she says.

Women in Bangladesh are still far behind men. Still, education is spreading among women and many of them are working, including in white-collar jobs. At the same time, many are opting for small families. Joint families are becoming difficult to run in cities. Values about joint families are also changing fast.

Thus has emerged a new situation: working women becoming mothers with no one else to take care of the babies if they continue with jobs outside. What to do with the infants? Where to keep them and under whose care? Family elders are not always available and maids cannot be trusted. What happens then? Working mothers are confronting all these worries.

It's good that the maternity leave for working mothers has been extended to three months. What the mothers are supposed to do after the 3-month maternity leave. In absence of alternatives, such as day care centres for babies, many others are reluctantly opting for staying home with the babies.

However, changes are coming, though slowly. Day care centres, where working mothers can leave their babies on payment, are coming up - both in government and private sectors.

The government currently runs 32 day care centres across the country, including seven centres opened in July. Aparajeyo Bangladesh, an NGO, runs 12 day care centres in capital Dhaka. Costs in the centres differ. At state-run centres, one has to pay 250 takas in admission fees plus 300 takas a month for a baby's 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. stay.

At private centres, it takes for an infant 500 to 1,000 takas for half-day and double the amount for a full 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. stay. Babies, aged between six months and six years, are usually accepted.

The cost chart may discourage many to stay away from day care centres and depend on other options such as family elders or maids.

Under the 1995 labour laws, an organisation employing at least 25 women are to set up day care centres for working mothers' babies. The government is considering lowering the number of female employees to 20.

Not everyone in Bangladesh welcomes day care centres for babies.

Prof. A.H. Mohammad Feroz, director at National Mental Health Institute, says: "Day care centres are good for working mothers. But they are bad for the babies."

"Such children can suffer from inferiority complex," he observes. Another expert, Dr. Abdullah Al Mamun, says, "A child feels lack of security and may become abnormal living away from mothers for long hours."

Mohammad Shawkat Ali, a Women Affairs Ministry official in charge of day care centre project, disagrees with the mental health experts.

"This is a great advantage for working mothers. They can leave their children in the care of dependable people and work with less worries," he says.

Ovi, a five-year-old son of a working mother, says he enjoys his time in a day care centre. "I get to play with others and I like it here," he says. His mother is happy too. — NewsNetwork

References: http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.com/
23rd batch
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline farzanamili

• Word has power, use it wisely!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2011, 10:14:33 AM »
Dear Bidita,
You are working on a very urgent issue which is also bothering me too much. I kept maid for baby for the time of 8a.m. to 4 p.m. for 2000 taka per month from 26th december and yesterday she told that she won't be able to work like this. So today on 1st January of 2011, instead of remaining relaxed, I am tensed about what to do about maid. We know that the care of mother is more important for babies,but our financial need fulfilment by job is also important to care child properly with more financial independence......what we will do......day care centre can give us relief....but problem is that under 6 months baby they don't take...I think....they should take baby under 6 months...if needed,we are willing to pay more......our babies are our heart....no mother can remain in good mood if her baby is not in good environment.....

Hope,this effort will be successful very soon....may Allah bless this project...
Mirza Farzana Iqbal Chowdhury
Senior Lecturer
Department of Law
Daffodil International University.

Offline bidita

• View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 01:58:44 AM »

Dear Madam

It is a very sensible issue and when I read your writes up I feel very bad...
I promise you that it will work and no more anxiety about your baby...We should do something about our young generation....
I believe DIU Authority must help us to start this opportunity...It is not only my believe but also my trust..
I am confident about Respected Chairman sir and other faculties to get this achievement which is big achievement in educational institutions in Bangladesh..

Insallah It will established...
23rd batch
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 11:34:59 AM »
Let us know about your present development of this project. How far have you proceeded.

DIU Authority is always prone to work for the benefit of its members.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline farzanamili

• Word has power, use it wisely!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 03:11:13 PM »
thank you dear Bidita for understanding.....my best wishes will be with you to achieve your goal.....:)
Mirza Farzana Iqbal Chowdhury
Senior Lecturer
Department of Law
Daffodil International University.

Offline bidita

• View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2011, 12:40:58 AM »

Mr Ansary

I am eagerly waiting to finish my upcoming exam..We will run this project very actively and you have got your answer very soon Insallah...My project is running thoroughly but it is(now paused)only for exam...
Thank you for your post..Really it is encouraging me more...

Best regards

BIDITA
23rd batch
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline bidita

• View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2011, 12:43:58 AM »

Thank you madam for wishing me luck...
23rd batch
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline bidita

• View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2011, 09:13:16 AM »

I request to the Authority :::

Please permit us to go Private Day Care Center for this project.
Both Instructor and my group members are willing to go to visit renowned Day care Center..

Thank you

BIDITA
23rd batch
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline bidita

• View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2011, 05:54:30 PM »

We are planning to visit Day care center specially Grameen phone's baby center..So we need permission from the honorable Authority to give us permission to go to and give us transportation help.

Regards
BIDITA
23rd batch
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2011, 09:23:49 AM »
Write an application mentioning pros and cons of it and submit to the Registrar Office.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"