Be Yourself

Author Topic: Be Yourself  (Read 1069 times)

Offline diljeb

• View Profile
Be Yourself
« on: December 14, 2014, 01:24:30 PM »

Are you compelled to be somebody you're not. Do you live in a big house because you think it is required to fit the mold of others. Does your choice of furniture reflect what you think others would expect you to have.

Did You Ever
Have you ever stopped to think how much energy, or for that matter, how much you complicate your life, by pretending to be someone you're really not?

Maybe this is partly a reflection of a portrayed lifestyle you see every day on the television, or those latest magazines depicting a glamorous lifestyle. Who are you trying to impress - you, or everyone else?

Think how simple your life would be if you stopped for a moment and just learned to be yourself.

Karen's Story
Take one of my previous co-workers, Karen, for example. Karen spends most of her day worrying about what other people think about her.

She buys furniture in a style that she thinks would impress her friends even though this furniture is very uncomfortable.

Every time she goes out the door, she worries whether what she wears or how she looks is up to the standards of those people she knows that she just might meet at the neighbourhood store.

In Short, Who Cares
Be yourself, enjoy who you are. For example, if you want comfy furniture that really invites you to curl up and relax, then do it. After all, whom are you trying to impress with uncomfortable furniture? You're the one who has to live there. You're the one who should be comfortable in your own home.

One thing I've come to realize is that it really doesn't matter what other people may think. If they are that small minded, or if they want to impress whomever, let them. I for one don't care. I don't have to spend any energy or complicate my life by what others may think. Isn't it really a matter of the person - what's inside of you - who you really are as a person?

Don't waste your time, your energy, or complicate your life by worrying about what other people may think. It really boils down to this - if they shun me, or look down their noses at me because of my furniture, or the house I live in, or the car I drive, then do I really want or need them as friends? Simply no.

Did It Help?
Several years ago, I was in a position to see what happens to people who . . . .   

Offline ayasha.hamid12

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: Be Yourself
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 01:29:44 PM »
Thanks for sharing!!!!  :)

Offline diljeb

• View Profile
Re: Be Yourself
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 11:53:02 PM »
You are most welcome Madam