Evaluate a Man During His Lifetime

Author Topic: Evaluate a Man During His Lifetime  (Read 5521 times)

Offline Ms. Aziz

• View Profile
Re: Evaluate a Man During His Lifetime
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 11:13:40 AM »
Respected All,
We should not leave a chance to regret that "I could do much more better for my parents when they were alive". Do as much as you can for them.Don't give yourselves a chance to ask Why I didn't do this n that though I could do? Remember they are the only persons who never expect in return while doing things for you and surrounding the whole world there is only free food from your parents and no one else.They are our precious asset.
Senior Assistant Registrar
DIU

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 11:15:45 AM »
My dear ALLAH,
when I loose hope, Help me to remember that, your love is greater than my disappointments & your plans For my life are better than my dreams..
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline sonia_tex

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 02:11:04 PM »
Its really a heart touching post.Sometimes I feel that I could not do the best for my parents. May Allah bless us all to do our best.
Sonia Sultana
Senior Lecturer
Department of Textile Engineering
Daffodil International University

[Education is the most powerful weapon-Nelson Mandela]

Offline sethy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 11:18:21 PM »
It was a very shocked news to all of us. But the reality can't be changed. All of us should pray for him to get the peace of jannat.
Sazia Afrin Sethy
ID:101-11-1366
BBA Department,
Batch: 25th,
Sec: B.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 09:38:57 AM »
Quote on Father

Anne Sexton:

It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.

Bertrand Russell:

The place of the father in the modern suburban family is a very small one, particularly if he plays golf.

Croesus:

In peace the sons bury their fathers, but in war the fathers bury their sons.

J. August Strindberg:

That is the thankless position of the father in the family — the provider for all, and the enemy of all.

James Baldwin:

If the relationship of father to son could really be reduced to biology, the whole earth would blaze with the glory of fathers and sons.

John Adams:

I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. My sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history, naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry, and porcelain.

Lydia Maria Child:

Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!

Nancy Friday:

The debt of gratitude we owe our mother and father goes forward, not backward. What we owe our parents is the bill presented to us by our children.

Sam Levenson:

The reason grandparents and grandchildren get along so well is that they have a common enemy.

Theodore Hesburgh:

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.

Unknown:

To become a father is not difficult, but to be a father is.

William Shakespeare:

It is a wise father that knows his own child.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:21:03 AM by Shamim Ansary »
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline hasibur rahaman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 01:20:22 PM »
It's really a good post.
Md. Hasibur Rahaman
Assistant Administrative Officer
Office of the Dean (FSIT) & Emeritus Professor
Daffodil International University

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 10:57:14 PM »
The story reminds my passed out father...!

একদিন ৮০ বছর বয়সী এক বৃদ্ধ ও তার পুত্র তাদের বাগানের একটা বেঞ্চে বসেছিল। হঠাৎ একটি কাক এসে বসলো, তার পিতা জিজ্ঞেস করলেন,
"এটা কি?"
পুত্র বলল- "এটি একটি কাক".

কয়েক মিনিট পর, পিতা আবার জিজ্ঞেস করলেন , "এটা কি?
পুত্র বলল - "আমি তো কেবলি বললাম এটা একটা কাক ।"

একটু পর আবার পিতা জিজ্ঞেস করলেন, "এটা কি ?"
এবার পুত্র অনেকটা বিরক্ত হয়েই কর্কশ গলায় বলল , "এটা একটা কাক, এটা একটা কাক।"

এবার পিতা ৪র্থ বারের মত জিজ্ঞেস করলেন "এটা কি ?"

এবার পুত্র প্রচণ্ড রেগে গেল, রাগের চোটে কাঁপতে কাঁপতে চিৎকার করে পিতাকে ধমক দিয়ে বলল "তুমি কেন বার বার আমাকে একি কথা জিজ্ঞেস করছ? আমি তো তোমাকে বহুবার বললাম এটা একটা কাক, এটা একটা কাক, চোখ নেই তোমার, বুঝতে পার না? "

বৃদ্ধ পিতা কোন কথা না বলে তিনি হেঁটে হেঁটে চলে গেলেন । একটু পর ফিরে এলেন একটা ডায়রি সাথে নিয়ে । তিনি তার পুত্র কে বললেন "এটা পড়, মনোযোগ দিয়ে পড়বে ।"

"আজ আমি আমার ৩ বছর বয়সী ছেলের সাথে বাগানের বেঞ্চিতে বসেছিলাম । হটাৎ একটা কাক এসে বসলো । আমার ছেলে আমাকে ২৩ বার জিজ্ঞেস করল "এটা কি?" আর আমি ২৩ বার উত্তর দিলাম "এটা একটা কাক।" তাকে প্রতিবার উত্তর দেবার সময় তাকে গভীর ভালবাসায় জড়িয়ে ধরেছিলাম। আমার পুত্র আমাকে একি প্রশ্ন ২৩ বার জিজ্ঞেস করেছে এবং আমি একটুও বিরক্ত বোধ দেখাইনি আমার নিস্পাপ ছেলেটার প্রতি।"

পুত্রের চোখের কোনে জল জমতে শুরু করল। পুত্র ডায়রিটা বন্ধ করে গভীর ভালবাসায় তার পিতাকে জড়িয়ে ধরল । আর ধরা গলায় বলল "Sorry BaBa".

অনেক সময়ই আমরা আমাদের বাবা-মায়ের সাথে খারাপ ব্যাবহার করি, উচু গলায় কথা বলি। কখনো কি ভেবে দেখেছেন কি পরিমান ভালবাসা আর কষ্ট করেছেন তারা আমাদের বড় করার জন্য? পৃথিবীর কোন কিছু দিয়ে কি তাদের এই ঋণ শোধ করা সম্ভব ?