Rural Economy of Bangladesh

Author Topic: Rural Economy of Bangladesh  (Read 12098 times)

Offline Md. Limon Hossain

• View Profile
Rural Economy of Bangladesh
« on: October 02, 2010, 12:14:05 PM »
Bangladesh is a small country in the south Asia. Its main economic source is agriculture and the main occupation of rural people as well. It’s contributing about 24% on total GDP.

Now it’s time to find out the new source to stimulate our rural economy. There have lots of people are unemployed in rural area. We should use them in productive sectors.

If we can mold a large number of small industries in rural area then it will remove the unemployment and poverty. We should produce those good which we import from others country.

Garments are one of the large economic sectors of our country. But its 70% of raw materials are imported. If we can reduce this cost then it will be the highest economic sector of our country. Besides we also import lots of products and waste lots of money.

I hope our universities students will do some financial activities at their village to develop our rural economy.

If anyone shares there idea about how we can stimulate our rural economy with me then I will be grateful to him/her.
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-523
Cell: +8801717885679
E-mail: limon-hossain@diu.edu.bd And limon.hossain@yahoo.com
Daffodil International University

Offline jafar_bre

• জানতে চাই , শিখতে চাই , শেখাতে চাই
    • View Profile
Re: Rural Economy of Bangladesh
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:40:41 PM »
Bangladesh is small  Agricultural country . may be i   consider this this to improve our  rural condition ,,,,

1.new new technology  used the agriculture .

2. land system should be development  .

3.Ancient  system must be changed .

4.all kinds of facility must provide for the farmer .

5.Government should essential  step to improved our rural economic condition .

6.At last , conscious the people used the  agricultural product ,
JAFAR IQBAL
1st Student
Department of Real Estate
Asst.manager(Sales)
Rupayan Group
Cell # 01787147157.
jafar_iqbal@diu.edu.bd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 04:44:51 PM »
Thanks Mr. Jafar Iqbal:

Can we think except agriculture for rural people…..?
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA

Offline Md. Minhaz Khan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 11:14:15 AM »

Yes Mr. Limon, We can think about small industries. We can suggest or training rural people to built small industry. But the capital is the main constrain…! How can we overcome it?
Md. Minhaz Khan
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-520
Batch 20th
Cell: +8801911260791

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 11:25:50 AM »
Dear Mr. Minhaz,

I am delighted to feel your heart that’s willing to extend. Let’s start with training that you can provide by yourself or friends around. Please note that Human Capital is best to explore at this point and social capital that’s pushing you to do so.

Best regards,

Raju

Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

Offline mohin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 09:02:45 PM »
Dear Raju Sir

Like other university in the world we have no research center. I think we have talent students and faculty who can engage them to be a researcher. On this basis we can prepare a little bit research paper on Economic condition of Bangladesh. We can find out problems and can recommended solution from our self for this crazy economy.

Thank you

Md. Mohin Chowdhury
Md. Mohin chowdhury

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 03:39:40 PM »
Thank you Mr. Mohin:

We have to research about the rural economy. Why rural people can’t develop! What are the problems! In this 21st century, why our economy especially rural economy depend on agriculture!

If we able to find out the problems, limitations, challenges and opportunity then we can develop a perfect solution.

Good Luck.
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 11:27:33 PM »
Microcredit is most popular in our country. There have lots of microcredit organization and lend money across the country people. Dr. Muhammad Yunus and Grammen Bank get noble peace prize for this. It’s a great achievement for our country. But how much microcredit is effective in our country?
What are the advantage and disadvantage?
How much they are success?
What are the roles of our rural economy?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 11:29:36 PM by Md. Limon Hossain »
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 08:25:32 PM »
Its impossibile to improve our rural economy without govt. If govt. can not take action then its impossible.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 09:07:19 PM »
Dear Mr. Faruque Hossain:

We all are well known about our government. You may know what is government? Government is a system and we are the part of the government. It’s true that our government is not so good. They have lots of problem and corruption and traditional thinking is the main constraint of our development. Whatever, we have to come forward to develop our overall economy.

Rural people are discriminating very much from urban people. You may ask how? Think about our highest economic sectors, 1st agriculture, 2nd garments and, 3rd remittance. Most of our farmer are not getting right price of their products. Some intermediary doing business and makes profit. And finally they do not make any portfolio of their business in rural area. In garments, most of the worker came from rural area and work hard and earn very few. This is finished to survive only. One is who living abroad is send his/her earnings to our village where live their family. Their family member keeps money at their local banks. And every one knows that our banks are doing very little financial activity in rural area rather than urban area. They financed money to built multi-purpose shopping mall, hospital, residential building etc in city. Where have not any benefits and ability to access of rural people.

Need an outstanding method in our economy which will reduce the distance.   
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 05:49:40 PM »
Need more private banks in rural area. It will help to develop our overall economy. Now- a-days rural people are earning a lot but they can not save/deposit their money for the unavailability of good banks.

I want to share an incident while I was going to open a saving account in Sonali Bank at my village. I entered into bank at 11:00am. and looking for a banker to open an account. There were shortage of banker and no one wants to help to open my account. I went to the branch manager he said if Dilip (peon) can help you then you can open your account today. I was waiting for him. He came to the bank at 01:00pm and said, "I 'm very busy, I can’t do any thing and it’s not my job". He went out for lunch without helping me.

I went to another bankers but they felt me as burden. And said to come after few days. Now "we are very busy". I came back from the bank at 02:30 pm as a failure.

After two days I came back to Dhaka and went to Dutch Bangla Bank to open an account. They took only ten minutes to open my account.

We can not avoid our rural people from our economy. They are also deserve of the same service as we are getting in cities.

A customer can not be a burden any way for a bank.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 06:40:20 AM by Md. Limon Hossain »
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 10:43:52 AM »
Thanks Mr. Limon Hossain for your comments. But if our Govt. can taken the action then the task is more easy for us. Our agriculture price sectors is increase day by day and our farmer can not get the proper price of their products. So in this case what can we do to prevent the problem?
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 07:48:14 PM »
Hello: Faruque Hossain; I am very happy for your interest in our rural economy. You may notice that recently our farmers are depressed for the lower price of their farm grown products. The farmers are deprived of the actual price due to the higher production cost, middleman, and excessive production. These are the main reasons.

How could our government secure the actual price of our farmers that will discuss after our final exam?

Regards,
Limon
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:12:39 PM by Md. Limon Hossain »
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA