Stop 2nd hand smoking now.

Author Topic: Stop 2nd hand smoking now.  (Read 7314 times)

Offline imdad_babu

• View Profile
Stop 2nd hand smoking now.
« on: October 04, 2010, 11:31:28 PM »
Dear all friends recently i have noticed in the street the many of our people take cigarette very freely. Even many students also take smoke from cigarette with there female friends. so ultimately the result is both they are loose there life with you.

so its my humble request to all of the smoker society pls do not take cigarette in any public place.

Be conscious about this  matter.

Thanx.

Offline jafar_bre

• জানতে চাই , শিখতে চাই , শেখাতে চাই
    • View Profile
Re: Stop 2nd hand smoking now.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 08:28:25 AM »
we all known that ,smoking is a bad habit . i have many friends they say to me ,smoking can  free from tension .is it  right ?may be  smoking is fashion .its time lost ,money lost and some disease attract our body. Government law is very sample , highest punishment10 take fine and 3 day jail .any kinds of smoking ,Government should take essential step to remove this problem.
JAFAR IQBAL
1st Student
Department of Real Estate
Asst.manager(Sales)
Rupayan Group
Cell # 01787147157.
jafar_iqbal@diu.edu.bd

Offline imdad_babu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 10:08:25 PM »
yes dear jafar i know the penalty for smoking in pulic place is tk 50. or 3 day prison.any way there is need to change every thing by the hands of government we can do change something by our consciousness.

thanx

Offline Mostakima Yesmin

• Can I reach the peak at all...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 10:26:50 PM »
It's just not dangerous for only female friends, everyone are attracted by it.

As smokers, we don't think about the chemicals in cigarettes. We think about how cigarettes help us cope with the stress of daily life, how they calm us down when we're angry, help us relax at the end of a long day, comfort us when we're sad or lonely. Harmful chemicals in cigarettes? No, we don't think much about that.

The truth of the matter is that smoking does the opposite of just about everything we give it credit for. When the chemicals in cigarettes are inhaled, they put our bodies into a state of physical stress by sending literally thousands of poisons, toxic metals and carcinogens coursing through our bloodstream with every puff we take. And those chemicals affect everything from blood pressure and pulse rate to the health of our organs and immune system.
While researchers are still working to uncover all of the hazards cigarettes present to human life, we do know that air tainted with cigarette smoke is dangerous for anyone who breathes it -- smoker or not.

Mostakima Yesmin Mita
Dept. of CSE
23rd batch
Daffodil International University.
E-mail: mita_17dhk@yahoo.com
            mostakima@diu.edu.bd

Offline suraiya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 08:58:04 AM »
It is good to know that DIU campus ensures  smoking free environment. I expect that our students and colleagues will carry this environment wherever they are. Our combined effort will make us successful in making our country tobacco free.
Senior Lecturer
Department of English

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 05:39:01 PM »
                                        Passive smoking 'kills 600,000' worldwide

We all know passive smoker is affected then active smoker..But We just know we dont apply of ourself..
Yes DIU is smoking free campus but some DIU students are strong smoker we dont want to remove this but we have to concern that when they smoke some of friends are around there, they are enjoying this...
Why dont they conscious about there health because they think this is a silly matter..They are not active smoker but they smoke(passive smoke)...Lets share some statistic of this Article...

The first global study into the effects of passive smoking has found it causes 600,000 deaths every year.

One-third of those killed are children, often exposed to smoke at home, the World Health Organisation (WHO) found.

The study, in 192 countries, found that passive smoking is particularly dangerous for children, said to be at higher risk of sudden infant death syndrome, pneumonia and asthma.

Passive smoking causes heart disease, respiratory illness and lung cancer.

"This helps us understand the real toll of tobacco," said Armando Peruga, of the WHO's Tobacco-Free Initiative, who led the study.

'Deadly combination'

The global health body said it was particularly concerned about the 165,000 children who die of smoke-related respiratory infections, mostly in South East Asia and in Africa.

It said that this group was more exposed to passive smoking than any other group, principally in their own homes.

"The mix of infectious diseases and second-hand smoke is a deadly combination," Mr Peruga said.

As well as being at increased risk of a series of respiratory conditions, the lungs of children who breathe in passive smoke may also develop more slowly than children who grow up in smoke-free homes.

Worldwide, 40% of children, 33% of non-smoking men and 35% non-smoking women were exposed to second-hand smoke in 2004, researchers found.

This exposure was estimated to have caused 379,000 deaths from heart disease, 165,000 from lower respiratory infections, 36,900 from asthma and 21,400 from lung cancer.

According to the study, the highest numbers of people exposed to second-hand smoke are in Europe and Asia and the lowest rates of exposure were in the Americas, the Eastern Mediterranean and Africa.

The research also revealed that passive smoking had a large impact on women, killing about 281,000 worldwide. This is due to the fact that in many parts of the world, the study suggests, women are at least 50% more likely to be exposed to second-hand smoke than men.

References:: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 05:49:16 PM by bidita »
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 05:49:38 PM »
Some people have bad breath. We have to be careful about that. Due to smoking, bad smell also comes out of body. Your personalty will attract others while bad smell turns it down. 
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline Yousuf.Chy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 06:05:06 PM »

I think this picture says all the things about smoking.
Yousuf Chowdhury
Student Counselor,
Member, DIUAA
Cell: +880 01713493051.
E-mail: yousuf.chy@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 06:24:57 PM »

Really I know that picture says something of life but today I feel picture says everything in life...
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline Nushrat Nahida Afroz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 04:19:08 PM »

Second smoking can induce asthma during pregancy in babies.smoking during pregnancy is also harmful for babies.not only second smoking is harmful for babies,it it also bad for all who want to live a healthy life.

any one can be attacked by asthma at any time because of poor air environment.

So we have to stop smoking and also help to t others  not to smoke for a better environment,for a better Bangladesh,for a better World.

Nushrat Nahida Afroz
Lecturer,B.B.A
Business & economics

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 11:56:39 AM »
Smoking is very bad habit. Its only the west of money. So every body should try to avoid it.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline farzanamili

• Word has power, use it wisely!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 12:18:02 PM »
The picture is really very impressive one to make people understand easily what bad effects smoking can do. Who don't want to see their lungs in burnt condition,please try to remove yourself from smoking habit..

Now-a-days some of the girls are also seen to smoke in public as they think it as smartness and quite different attitude from other girls whom they think as typical!!! Please girls,set yourself free from this erroneous thinking and avoid smoking, your wrong thinking can endanger your life!

Mirza Farzana Iqbal Chowdhury
Senior Lecturer
Department of Law

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 09:24:01 PM »
Dear all friends recently i have noticed in the street the many of our people take cigarette very freely. Even many students also take smoke from cigarette with there female friends. so ultimately the result is both they are loose there life with you.

so its my humble request to all of the smoker society pls do not take cigarette in any public place.

Be conscious about this  matter.

Thanx.
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 11:53:09 PM »
Second hand smoking is a very bad habit. So no more second hand smoking. And its very good if all can stop the smoking.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 12:48:33 AM »
Let smoking be restricted from the world!!!!! Is it possible???? I don't think so. But we can assure the possibility of reduction of the smoking by some awareness, some thinking of morale.

Let others away from you when you are smoking. Don't encourage others to smoke. Let the world be safe & sound.
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd