DIU Student need English Skill

Author Topic: DIU Student need English Skill  (Read 3071 times)

Offline khan

• View Profile
DIU Student need English Skill
« on: June 12, 2009, 10:15:19 AM »
It is really a great need now for all DIU student to learn English bcz lot of cases we found that  our studnt are best in academic area but due to English and Communication they lost employer confidence. DIU already set up best English Language Lab recently where all English faculty also engage with their best support. Now a days only a certifcate never reach any one in his/her ultimate target. So we request all DIU student to look this 2 area English and Communication. Any suggestion, comments you are welcome. I will try my best to help you all in this two area.

Chairman
Daffodil Interntaional University.

Offline Kh Atikur Rahman

• View Profile
Re: DIU Student need English Skill
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 10:48:22 AM »
Honorable Chairman Mr Khan is absolutely right when he says our students have to focus on "2 areas- English and Communication" to reach the ultimate goal of grabing a handsome job.DIU is trying whole heartedly to ensure its students' improvement & betterment in Communicative English.To make it more effective and fruitful DIU has set up state-of -the art English Language Lab. It is certainly playing a great role.And for this students takes much more interest in learning English.Furthermore as the teachers of the Lab are very efficient in teaching English and making the class lively & entertaining students feel motivated.
However, I welcome all Daffodilians to come and experience the new horizon of English Language learning.

Sincerely
Kh Atikur Rahman
Lecturer In English
&
Co-ordinator of DIU English Language Lab. 

Offline mir

• Faculty
  • My Students my Universe....
    • View Profile
What to do to develop a English speaking community at DIU
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 12:43:22 PM »
I, from my heart, thank Honorable Chairman Sir to point importance in this area. I have desperately been working on proper communication skill of our students for the last five years through motivation, debating club and language club. Every semester, during presentation of assignment, I, again and again felt the necessity of a English speaking community at DIU. I believe, our students have every capability to grab new ideas and challenges and thus to be succeed by achieving standard communication skills. In my opinion, the teachers should take this issue seriously. Specially giving lectures absolutely in English should be strictly practiced. Official communication including counseling should also be in English. Conducting meetings, seminars and cultural programs could add momentum among the DIU community.

Regards,

Masud Ibn Rahman
Assistant Professor and Head
Department of Commerce