Its 8th March … A Note to my Daffodillian Female Students

Author Topic: Its 8th March … A Note to my Daffodillian Female Students  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Farhana Helal Mehtab

• Test
    • View Profile
Its 8th March …. A Note to my Daffodillian Female Students

When some people talk about Feminism, they think it’s something that can protect women from covering his body as defined in Islam or rescuing women from Hijab. It’s totally a Wrong Conception! Feminism is a choice; Hijab is a choice too. Women have all the rights to select what kind of dress they supposed to wear. If wearing skirts/trousers/shirts is sort of women’s right in western culture then what’s the problem of covering head or wearing scarf/ hijab in particular faith? It’s a right of a Muslim Woman. One cannot force them to wear it or cannot criticize them who wear it. But sorry to say, sometimes some Jurists are become judgmental regarding this issue!

Now sharing the different scenario, I used to work in an organization, where wearing saree was compulsory. I was the first person staying there more than five years with dignity & honor following my own style, i.e wearing long length black apron/ burkha.  I was not discouraged or was asked by anyone for doing so. I made that dress as my official outfit keeping in my mind that modesty is the  part of our religious faith which  must be reflected on my work place where I spend my prime time & consider my second home. So there is no clash between growing sound & having positive religious faith. It’s all about the positive attitude towards life. The rule maker of that organization praised my dress code in front of some hundreds people and told that if anyone can wish they can follow my style. It’s a great honor. I thanked him & again in this wonderful day, I’m taking the opportunity to thank him once again to recognize my attitude.

My dear Female students,
Today is the International Women’s Day. Greetings from the Desk of Head, Department of Law.
On this special day, I would like to make you understand one of my favorite quotes by Nora Roberts,
“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.”
You are growing as beautiful as Daffodil Flowers so it’s your time to seize the opportunity with your positive faith, culture & value.
Be Blessed.
Feel Proud to be a Woman!
Happy women's Day
Farhana Helal Mehtab

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:38:37 PM by Farhana Helal Mehtab »

Offline manjida

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: Its 8th March … A Note to my Daffodillian Female Students
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 01:32:07 PM »
Like the sentence ''It’s all about the positive attitude towards life'' Thank you ma'am!! :)

Offline Ferdousi Begum

• Don't give up.
    • View Profile
Re: Its 8th March … A Note to my Daffodillian Female Students
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 10:48:53 AM »
Thanks ma'am for your inspirational words.