Error Correction

Author Topic: Error Correction  (Read 847 times)

Offline Afroza Akhter Tina

• Test
    • View Profile
Error Correction
« on: March 23, 2015, 09:29:00 AM »
The article "Grammar Correction in ESL/EFL Writing Classes May Not Be Effective" suggests the facts clearly with examples from various researches in this regard. The grammar correction in most of the time has a negative impact on students in an EFL/ESL classroom and can shift the concentration from other noticeable and important points as organization, content development in a logical way and so on(Semke 1984; Kepner 1991; Sheppard 1992; and Truscott 1996). The author focuses on these two important points in terms of having positive and effective response in developing students’ writing overall. Along with these, Stephen Krashen’s idea is very much relevant where outside reading sources are given the priority to be developed in writing as these relevant and available resources would help them develop in the target language along with the grammatical skills. Another article “ESL Coaching Techniques: Error Correction” by Bathtubber beautifully examines the different steps of error correction and tried to simplify the needs and process. The identification of a particular error is actually important and then deciding when and how to correct it. Among the other readings this description of the particular stages of identifying and correcting errors according to the need interested me most and hence I want to incorporate the ideas regarding my error correction procedure in class. Hope you find the article an interesting one as well.Here I am attaching an article of Shawn on 'Error Correction in the second language classroom' which further provides necessary information regarding the concerns.

Afroza Akhter Tina
Senior Lecturer,Department of English
Daffodil International University
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:20:14 AM by Afroza Akhter Tina »

Offline Mir Sadia Siddequa

• I love myself....
    • View Profile
Re: Error Correction
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 09:04:12 AM »
Liked the article very much madam..... effective one....
Mir Sadia Siddequa Sifat
Research Associate
Department of English

Offline Afroza Akhter Tina

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: Error Correction
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 03:07:25 PM »
Thank you very much for going through the article. :)

Afroza Akhter Tina
Senior Lecturer,Dept.of English
Daffodil International University