Motivational Story

Author Topic: Motivational Story  (Read 4175 times)

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
Motivational Story
« on: October 25, 2010, 05:41:40 PM »
"The Want To" which Stimulates our Life

I remember the night in Miami when our son, Ian, was just five years old. We were staying with relatives and it was his bedtime. When I looked at the living room floor, I knew we had a problem. Toys were all over the place. "Ian," I said, "you need to pick up all those toys before you go to bed." "Daddy," he said, "I'm too tired to pick up my toys." My immediate inclination was to force him to clean up the room. Instead, I went into the bedroom, laid down, and said, "Ian, come here. Let?s play Humpty Dumpty." He climbed up on my knees and I said, "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall." And he fell. Ian laughed and said, "Let's do it again." Well, after the third "fall," I said, "Okay, but first go pick up those toys." Without thinking, he ran into the living room and in ninety seconds he finished a job that could have taken half an hour. Then he jumped back on my knees and repeated, "Daddy, let?s do it again." "Ian, I thought you were too tired to pick up those toys." He answered, "I was, daddy, but I just wanted to do this!" We can finish any job when we have the "Want to!"

Author - Neil Eskelin
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:07:26 AM by Shamim Ansary »
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
Re: Motivational Story
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »
Mr Ansary

It was really astounding story..Sometimes we just feel we cannot do the job which is very important for us..
It is just for lacking of our intention. Exactly we do not know what we actual want  .....
But every important work must be finished for doing another...
These lines means what i  want to say..We can finish any job when we have the "Want to!"

Whatever we do it must be essential for our development..Sometimes we do not care of it..

Thanks for giving us your delightful post.

Best Regards

BIDITA
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 09:28:14 PM by bidita »
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 10:19:59 AM »
Packing Parachutes

Charles Plumb, a US Navy Academy graduate, was a jet fighter pilot in Vietnam. After 75 combat missions, his plane was destroyed by a surface-to-air missile. Plumb ejected and parachuted into enemy hands. He was captured and spent the next six years in a Communist prison. He survived that ordeal and now lectures about lessons learned from that experience. One day, when he and his wife were sitting in a restaurant, a man at another table came up and said, "You're Plumb! You flew jet fighters in Nam from the carrier, Kitty Hawk. You were shot down!" "How in the world did you know that?" asked Plumb. "Oh, I was the one who packed your parachute," the man replied. Plumb gasped in surprise and gratitude. The man smiled and said, "Yep, I guess it worked!" Plumb assured him, "It sure did work -- if your chute hadn't worked, I wouldn't be here today." Plumb couldn't sleep that night, thinking about the man who has packed his parachute. Plumb kept wondering what the man might have looked like in a Navy uniform. "I wondered how many times I might have passed him on the Kitty Hawk. I wondered how many times I might have seen him and not even said good morning, how are you or anything, because you see, I was a fighter pilot and he was just a sailor." Plumb thought of the many hours the sailor had spent on a long wooden table in the bowels of the ship carefully weaving the shrouds and folding the silks of each chute, holding in his hands the fate of someone he didn't know. Now Plumb asks his audiences, "Who's packing your chute?" Everyone has someone who provides what they need to make it through the day. Plumb also points out that we all need many kinds of parachutes. We need mental, emotional and spiritual parachutes as well. While a prisoner of war, Plumb called on all of these supports before reaching safety. His experience reminds us all to prepare ourselves to weather whatever storms lie ahead --  and to recognize and appreciate all of those people who pack our parachutes everyday, for they are the ones who truly deserve the credit for our survival.

Author - Unknown
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline Razon Mahmood

• If you can dream something, you can do something
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 10:55:44 AM »
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally he decided the animal was old and the well needed to be covered up anyway, it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement, he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well and was astonished at what he saw. With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping-stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up!

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

Free your heart from hatred
Free your mind from worries
Live simply
Give more
Expect less

Retrieved from: http://www.motivateus.com/stories/donkey.htm
You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down-Charles Chaplin

Offline Mustafizur rRhman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 03:16:41 PM »
I am motivated. Are you?

Offline sushmita

• Faculty
  • I want to cross myself everyday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 03:52:48 PM »
Really motivating!

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 08:58:27 PM »

Motivation creates a special tuning in ourselves.When we depressed with some bad environmental situation then we need to go for good things which is not available in our circumstances. And then some of people go for illegal or unethical work, which is create permanent frustration in human mind. We Human are not always in a same mood so think positive is not always stay on mind. So we need Motivation. It may be some writing, playing, gossiping, reading ,or listening music. But some motivational story also create a good appeal in mind. One thing it should be continuing process, so 1 or 2 story are not enough to Human mind. Delighted to read those writes up and wish it will be a continuing process. Good to see the motivational words are hanging in Prince Plaza at Daffodil International University.
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline Razon Mahmood

• If you can dream something, you can do something
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 03:31:48 PM »
@ Respected Mustafizur rRhman Sir, I am always motivated. Sometimes I am demotivated but that doesn't make me stop at a certain point. I try to look my insight. I find the degree of motivation is much higher than the degree of De-motivation.   
You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down-Charles Chaplin