EWC Graduate Degree Scholarships for Asia and the Pacific
Last updated: 20 Oct 2013 |
Deadline: 3 Nov 2014 (annual)
Study in: Hawaii, USA
Course starts August 2015
The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides funding for up to 24 months for Master’s or Doctoral degree study for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S. to participate in the educational, residential, and leadership development programs at the East-West Center while pursuing graduate study at the University of Hawai‘i.
University of Hawaii and East West Center, USA
Field of study:
Eligible fields of study offered at University of Hawaii
Number of Awards:
Individuals who are citizens of a country listed below may apply for the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowships:
Southeast Asia: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
East Asia: China (Hong Kong, Macau, Mainland, Taiwan), Japan, Republic of Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Republic of, Mongolia, Russia.
South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.
Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Marianas, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna Islands.
The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides the following funding:
• Tuition and fees up to the equivalent of the tuition charged for post-baccalaureate students at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa toward master’s or doctoral studies;
• Housing in a Center residence hall, based on single occupancy;
• A stipend to partially cover food and incidental expenses (Refer to the section on taxes on
stipends for additional information.);
• An allowance for books, materials and supplies; and
• Health insurance coverage.
• Applicants submit both the application for East-West Center Graduate Fellowship and the graduate admissions application to the University of Hawai‘i to the East-West Center Award Services Office. Applications must be postmarked by the November 1 deadline.
• Applicants already enrolled as classified graduate students at the University of Hawai‘i submit only the East-West Center Graduate Fellowship application.
• Required tests include the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) for applicants from non-English speaking countries, and the GRE or GMAT for all applicants as required by university departments.
• Award recipients who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents must meet exchange visitor (J-1 visa) requirements.
Applicants submit both the application for East-West Center Graduate Fellowship and the graduate admissions application to the University of Hawai‘i to the East-West Center Award Services Office. Applications must be postmarked by the deadline. The deadline for August 2015 entry is 3 November 2014.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.eastwestcenter.org/education/student-programs/opportunities-study/ewc-graduate-degree-fellowship