HADITH of the Day

Author Topic: HADITH of the Day  (Read 53598 times)

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
Re: HADITH of the Day
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2010, 11:06:22 AM »
Every Tasbihah Is A Charity

On the authority of Abu Dharr :

Some of the companions of the messenger of Allah said :" O Messenger of Allah, the affluent have made of with the rewards, they pray as we pray they fast as we fast, and they give away in charity the superfluity of their wealth." He said:" Has not Allah made things for you to give away in charity ? every tasbihah is a charity, every takbirah is a charity, every tahmidah is a charity, and every tahlilah is a charity, to enjoin a good action is a charity, to forbid an evil action is a charity, and in the sexual act of each of you there is a charity." They said: "O Messenger of Allah, when one of us fulfils his sexual desire will he have some reward for that?" He said: "Do you not think that were he to act upon it unlawfully he would be sinning ? Likewise, if he has acted upon it lawfully he will have a reward."

related by Muslim.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2010, 11:07:04 AM »
Do not oppress one another

On the authority of Abu Dharr Al-Ghafari, of the prophet is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord is that He said:

"O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another.

O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you. O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you.

O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and you will not attain benefiting Me so as to benefit Me. O my servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to become as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more than a needle decreases the sea if put into it.

O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him who finds good praise Allah, and let him who finds other than that blame no one but himself."

related by Muslim.

"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2010, 09:57:33 AM »
Purity is half of faith

On the authority of Abu Malik Al-Harith bin Asim Al-Ashari said that the messenger of Allah said:

"Purity is half of faith. alhamdu-lillah [Praise be to Allah] fills the scales, and subhana-Allah [How far is Allah from every imperfection] and alhamdu-lillah [Praise be to Allah] fill that which is between heaven and earth. Prayer is light; charity is a proof; patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin."

related by Muslim.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2010, 09:58:15 AM »
Shall I enter Paradise?

Jaber bin Abdullah Al-Ansari narrated that :

A man asked the messenger of Allah :
"Do you think that if I perform the obligatory prayers, fast in Ramadan, treat as lawful that which is lawful and treat as forbidden that which is forbidden, and do nothing further, I shall enter Paradise ?"
He said: "Yes."

related by Muslim.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2010, 09:58:46 AM »
Believe in Allah', and thereafter be upright

On authority of Sufian bin Abdullah, may Allah be pleased with him said:

I said: "O Messenger of Allah, tell me something about Islam which I can ask of no one but you". He said:" Say:'I believe in Allah', and thereafter be upright."

related by Muslim.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2010, 10:00:16 AM »
If you feel no shame, then do as you wish

Uqbah bin Amre Al-Ansari narrated that the messenger of Allah said :

"Among the words people obtained from the First Prophecy are : If you feel no shame, then do as you wish."

It was related by Bukhari.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2010, 10:04:02 AM »
Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you

On the authority of Abdullah bin Abbas, who said : One day I was behind the prophet and he said to me:

"Young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allah; if you seek help, seek help of Allah. Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried."

narrated by Termithi, who said it is true and fine hadith

In a version other than that of Tirmithi it reads:

"..Be mindful of Allah, you will find Him before you. Get to know Allah in prosperity and He will know you in adversity. Know that what has passed you by was not going to befall you; and that what has befallen you was not going to pass you by. And know that victory comes with patience, relief with affliction, and ease with hardship."

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2010, 10:05:21 AM »
Fear Allah

On the authority of Abu Dhar Jundub bin Junadah, and Muadh bin Jabal that the messenger of Allah said :

"Fear Allah wherever you are, and follow up a bad deed with a good one and it will wipe it out, and behave well towards people."

Tirmithi narrated the hadith and said it was fine, and in another version, said ture and fine

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2010, 11:03:11 AM »
Be generous to your neighbour & guest

Abu Hurairah narrated that the messenger of Allah said :

"Let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day either speak good or keep silent, and let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day be generous to his neighbour, and let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day be generous to his guest."

related by Bukhari and Muslim

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2010, 11:03:49 AM »
Do not become angry

On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said : a man said to the prophet :

"Counsel me". He said : " Do not become angry". The man repeated [his request] several times, and he said: "Do not become angry ".

narrated by Bukhari

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2010, 11:04:25 AM »
Leave doubts

On the authority of Al-Hasan bin Ali, the grandson of the messenger of Allah, who said : I memorized from the messenger of Allah his saying :

"Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt."

narrated by Termithi and Nasaee, and Tirmithi said it is true and fine hadith.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2010, 11:04:54 AM »
Allah accepts only that which is good

On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said : the messenger of Allah said :

"Allah the Almighty is good and accepts only that which is good. Allah has commanded the faithful to do that which he commanded the messengers, and the Almighty has said: "O ye messengers ! Eat of the good things and do right". And Allah the Almighty has said : "O ye who believe! Eat of the good things wherewith We have provided you"
Then he mentioned [the case of] a man who, having journeyed far, is dishevelled and dusty and who spreads out his hands to the sky [saying] : "O Lord! O Lord!" - while his food is unlawful, his drink unlawful, his clothing unlawful, and he is nourished unlawfully, so how can he be answered !"

related by Muslim

Offline Faiyaz

• "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.." -Oscar Wilde
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2010, 02:51:34 AM »
RASULALLAH (S.M) said in one HADITH, "Indeed swords are the keys of heaven." (Ibn abi Sheeba, Kitabul Jihaad). This implies how much importance JIHAAD bears, that RASULALLAH (S.M) compared swords with one of the most important household material that is being used to open a house. RASULALLAH (S.M) also illustrated the honor and importance of Jihaad with saying that, the roof of Jannat is of swords.
From its publicization, MUSLIMS could not have a peaceful living in this world and thus always HAVE to fight to continue their existence and making ISLAM sustain in this unfriendly world. For example- MUSLIMS had to face 8 crusades where they won 5, with the help of ALLAH. These crusades were like a test of will-power as well as believe in the ALMIGHTY and of course, to sustain the religion we call ISLAM...        
Also in RASULALLAH's lifetime, there were different battles, fought to establish ISLAM and making it sustain.
But it's very ironic that people now a days, see Jihaad as a (Nauzubillah) tool to reach paradise. And their Jihaad is also weird but yet degeneratedly dangerous, and that is killing innocents. These so called Mujaheedins are promised to have paradise in return of their lives. And some inhuman people take advantage of their naivity.            I think these naives are gullibled as they don't entirely know ISLAM.      
The orders of killings used to come from ALLAH and HIS RASUL when either MUSLIMS were at a state of war or were ordered to execute secret assasinations on the crooks.  
Killing innocents is considered one of the grave err in ISLAM, one could ever do. This is illustrated at the time of MAKKA VICTORY when RASULLAH (S.M) ordered not to charge at any MEKKAN's house to take their belongings or not to kill them.            
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 12:48:48 PM by Shamim Ansary »
M. Faiyaz Naveed
Asst. Administrative Officer
Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor
Daffodil International University

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2010, 05:57:18 PM »
Avoid What Is Forbidden

On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said : I heared the messenger of Allah say :

"What I have forbidden to you, avoid; what I have ordered you [to do], do as much of it as you can. It was only their excessive questioning and their disagreeing with their prophets that destroyed those who were before you."

related bu Bukhari and Muslim

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2010, 05:58:44 PM »
Religion is sincerity

On the authority of Tamim Al-Dari that the prophet said:

"Religion is sincerity". We said: "To whom?" He said: "To Allah and His Book, and His messenger, and to the leaders of the Muslims and their common folk".

narrated by Muslim