HADITH of the Day

Author Topic: HADITH of the Day  (Read 53525 times)

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
Re: HADITH of the Day
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 12:14:43 PM »
Seek guidance of Allah

On the authority of Abu Dharr al-Ghifari (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH) is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord (may He be glorified) is that He said:

O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah).
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 12:15:38 PM »
The example of a believer

Volume 7, Book 70, Number 546:

Narrated Kab:

The Prophet said, "The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant, which the wind bends lt sometimes and some other time it makes it straight. And the example of a hypocrite is that of a pine tree which keeps straight till once it is uprooted suddenly.

"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 12:16:30 PM »
Let not any one of you belittle himself

Hadith Qudsi :

On the authority of Abu Sa'id (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:

Let not any one of you belittle himself. They said: O Messenger of Allah, how can any one of us belittle himself? He said: He finds a matter concerning Allah about which he should say something, and he does not say [it], so Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says to him on the Day of Resurrection: What prevented you from saying something about such-and-such and such-and-such? He say: [It was] out of fear of people. Then He says: Rather it is I whom you should more properly fear.

It was related by Ibn Majah with a sound chain of authorities.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 12:17:22 PM »
Actions while Praying

Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 22, Number 289:

Narrated Kuraib Maula Ibn Abbas:

'Abdullah bin Abbas said that he had passed a night in the house of Maimuna the mother of the faithful believers , who was his aunt. He said, "I slept across the bed, and Allah's Apostle along with his wife slept lengthwise. Allah's Apostle slept till mid-night or slightly before or after it. Then Allah's Apostle woke up, sat, and removed the traces of sleep by rubbing his hands over his face. Then he recited the last ten verses of Surat-Al Imran (2). Then he went towards a hanging leather water-container and performed a perfect ablution and then stood up for prayer." 'Abdullah bin Abbas added, "I got up and did the same as Allah's Apostle had done and then went and stood by his side. Allah's Apostle then put his right hand over my head and caught my right ear and twisted it. He offered two Rakat, then two Rakat, then two Rakat, then two Rakat, then two Rakat, then two Rakat and then offered one Raka Witr. Then he lay down till the Muadh-dhin came and then he prayed two light Rakat and went out and offered the early morning (Fajr) prayer."

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 12:18:55 PM »
Woman is only married with consent of her gurdian

Malik's Muwatta Book 28, Number 28.2.5:

Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that Said ibn al-Musayyab had said that Umar ibn al-Khattab said, "A woman is only married with the consent of her guardian, someone of her family with sound judgement or the Sultan.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 12:20:29 PM »
Pronouncement of three divorces

Sahaih Muslim Book 009, Number 3491:

Ibn 'Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) reported that the (pronouncement) of three divorces during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and that of Abu Bakr and two years of the caliphate of Umar (Allah be pleased with him) (was treated) as one. But Umar b. Khattab (Allah be pleased with him) said: Verily the people have begun to hasten in the matter in which they are required to observe respite. So if we had imposed this upon them, and he imposed it upon them.

Offline BRE SALAM SONY

• Alhamdulliha Allah Can makes Me A Muslim
    • View Profile
    • Special Discount For hajj and Umrah Guest
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, 12:51:14 PM »
VERY NICE AND INFORMATIVE POST FOR OUR MUSLIMS
আল্লাহর রহমতে প্রতি বছর হজে যাওয়ার সুযোগ হচ্ছে।এভাবেই হাজীদের খেদমত করে যেতে চাই।

আমার প্রতিষ্ঠান www.zilhajjgroup.com
www.corporatetourbd.com

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »
The world is a prison-house for a believer

Sahih Muslim, Book 42,Number 7058

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The world is a prison-house for a believer and Paradise for a non-believer.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2010, 06:22:11 PM »
A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim

Sahih Bukhari , Book 43, Number 622:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim, so he should not oppress him, nor should he hand him over to an oppressor. Whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever brought his (Muslim) brother out of a discomfort, Allah will bring him out of the discomforts of the Day of Resurrection, and whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of Resurrection . "

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2010, 06:22:51 PM »
Paying for goods in Advance

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 35, Number 443:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet came to Medina and the people used to pay in advance the price of dates to be delivered within two or three years. He said (to them), "Whoever pays in advance the price of a thing to be delivered later should pay it for a specified measure at specified weight for a specified period."

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 06:24:07 PM »
Who is most deserving of a fine treatment?

Sahih Muslim Book 032, Number 6180:

Abu Huraira reported that a person came to Allah, 's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Who among the people is most deserving of a fine treatment from my hand? He said: Your mother. He again said: Then who (is the next one)? He said: Again it is your mother (who deserves the best treatment from you). He said: Then who (is the next one)? He (the Holy Prophet) said: Again, it is your mother. He (again) said: Then who? Thereupon he said: Then it is your father. In the hadith transmitted on the authority of Qutalba, there is no mention of the word" the people".

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 06:24:43 PM »
THE PROPER TIME FOR SACRIFICE

Jundab b. Sufyan reported: I was with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on the day of 'Id al-Adha. While he had not returned after having offered (the Id prayer) and finished it, he saw the flesh of the sacrificial animals which had been slaughtered before he had completed the prayer. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: One who slaughtered his sacrificial animal before his prayer or our prayer ('Id), he should slaughter another one in its stead, and he who did not slaughter, he should slaughter by reciting the name of Allah.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2010, 09:48:42 AM »
Fasting on the day of 'Arafah

Abû Hafsah, may Allâh be pleased with him, reported that the Prophet, upon whom be peace, said:

"Fasting on the day of 'Arafah absolves the sins for two years: the previous year and the coming year, and fasting on 'ashûra, (the tenth day of Muharram) atones for the sins of previous years."

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2010, 09:49:24 AM »
Hajj is to be performed annually or only once?

Sunan Abu Dawud Book 10, Number 1717:

Narrated Aqra' ibn Habib:

Ibn Abbas said: Aqra' ibn Habis asked the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) saying: Apostle of Allah hajj is to be performed annually or only once? He replied: Only once, and if anyone performs it more often, he performs a supererogatory act.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 09:49:58 AM »
Which is the best deed?"

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 594:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet was asked, "Which is the best deed?" He said, "To believe in Allah and His Apostle." He was then asked, "Which is the next (in goodness)?" He said, "To participate in Jihad in Allah's Cause." He was then asked, "Which is the next?" He said, "To perform Hajj-Mabrur.