HADITH of the Day

Author Topic: HADITH of the Day  (Read 52826 times)

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
Re: HADITH of the Day
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 09:50:42 AM »
May I perform Hajj on behalf of a person?

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 589:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Abbas :

Al-Fadl (his brother) was riding behind Allah's Apostle and a woman from the tribe of Khath'am came and Al-Fadl started looking at her and she started looking at him. The Prophet turned Al-Fadl's face to the other side. The woman said, "O Allah's Apostle! The obligation of Hajj enjoined by Allah on His devotees has become due on my father and he is old and weak, and he cannot sit firm on the Mount; may I perform Hajj on his behalf?" The Prophet replied, "Yes, you may." That happened during the Hajj-al-Wida (of the Prophet ).
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 09:51:21 AM »
Start from the right side

Sahih Bukhari volume 3, Book 47, Number 745:

Narrated Anas:

Once Allah's Apostle visited us in this house of ours and asked for something to drink. We milked one of our sheep and mixed it with water from this well of ours and gave it to him. Abu Bakr was sitting on his left side and 'Umar in front of him and a bedouin on his right side. When Allah's Apostle finished, 'Umar said to Allah's Apostle "Here is Abu Bakr." But Allah's Apostle gave the remaining milk to the bedouin and said twice, "The (persons on the) right side! So, start from the right side." Anas added, "It is a Sunna (the Prophet's traditions)" and repeated it thrice.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2010, 03:24:09 PM »
Review Your Intentions

Hadith Qudsi 6:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say:

The first of people against whom judgment will be pronounced on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who died a martyr. He will be brought and Allah will make known to him His favours and he will recognize them. [ The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I fought for you until I died a martyr. He will say: You have lied - you did but fight that it might be said [of you]: He is courageous. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire. [Another] will be a man who has studied [religious] knowledge and has taught it and who used to recite the Quran. He will be brought and Allah will make known to his His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I studied [religious] knowledge and I taught it and I recited the Quran for Your sake. He will say: You have lied - you did but study [religious] knowledge that it might be said [of you]: He is learned. And you recited the Quran that it might be said [of you]: He is a reciter. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire. [Another] will be a man whom Allah had made rich and to whom He had given all kinds of wealth. He will be brought and Allah will make known to his His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I left no path [untrodden] in which You like money to be spent without spending in it for Your sake. He will say: You have lied - you did but do so that it might be said [of you]: He is open-handed. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and an-Nasa'i).

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 03:24:49 PM »
Fasting is a shield

Volume 3, Book 31, Number 118:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Fasting is a shield (or a screen or a shelter). So, the person observing fasting should avoid sexual relation with his wife and should not behave foolishly and impudently, and if somebody fights with him or abuses him, he should tell him twice, 'I am fasting." The Prophet added, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, the smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. (Allah says about the fasting person), 'He has left his food, drink and desires for My sake. The fast is for Me. So I will reward (the fasting person) for it and the reward of good deeds is multiplied ten times."

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 03:26:07 PM »
Call upon Allah and ask him

On the authority of Anas, who said: I heard the messenger of Allah say:

Allah the Almighty has said: "O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its."

related by Al-Tirmithi, who said that it was a good and sound Hadith.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 03:28:07 PM »
How to draw near Allah?

On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said: the messenger of Allah said:

Allah the Almighty has said: "Who soever shows enmity to a friend of Mine, I shall be at war with him. My servant does not draw near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have imposed upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it."

related by Bukhari.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2010, 03:30:23 PM »
Be in the world as though you were a stranger

On the authority of Abdullah bin Omar, who said: The messenger of Allah took me by the shoulder and said:

"Be in the world as though you were a stranger or a wayfarer."

The son of Omar used to say:

"At evening do not expect [to live till] morning, and at morning do not expect [to live till] evening. Take from your health for your illness and from your life for your death."

related by Bukhari

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2010, 05:37:51 PM »
A muslim is the brother of a muslim

On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said : the messenger of Allah said :

"Do not envy one another; do not inflate prices one to another; do not hate one another; do not turn away from one another; and do not undercut one another, but be you, O servants of Allah, brothers. A muslim is the brother of a muslim: he neither oppresses him nor does he fail him, he neither lies to him nor does he hold him in contempt. Piety is right here-and he pointed to his breast three times. It is evil enough for a man to hold his brother muslim in contempt. The whole of a muslim for another muslim is inviolable: his blood, his property, and his honor."

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2010, 05:39:00 PM »
Righteousness

And on the authority of Wabisa bin Mabad, may Allah be pleased with him, who said:

I came to the messenger of Allah and he said: "You have come to ask about righteousness ?" . I said:" Yes." He said: "Consult your heart. Righteousness is that about which the soul feels tranquil and the heart feels tranquil, and wrongdoing is that which wavers in the soul and moves to and from in the breast even though people again and again have given you their legal opinion [in its favor]."

a good hadith transmetted from the Musnads of the two Imams, Ahmed bin Hanbal and Al-Darimi, with a good chain of authorities.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2010, 05:39:34 PM »
Neither harming nor reciprocating harm

On the authority of Saad bin Malik Al-Khudari, that the messenger of Allah said :

"There should be neither harming nor reciprocating harm."

a fine hadith related by Ibn Majah, Al-Daraqutni and others

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2010, 05:40:13 PM »
How to cause Allah and people to love you

On the authority of Sahl bin Saad Al-Saedi, who said :

A man came to the prophet and said: "O Messenger of Allah, direct me to an act which, if I do it, [will cause] Allah to love me and people to love me." He said: "Renounce the world and Allah will love you, and renounce what people possess and people will love you."

a fine Hadith related by Ibn Majah and others with good chains of authorities.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2010, 05:40:50 PM »
Women don't pluck hair from face or get tattooed

Sahih Muslim Book 024, Number 5301:

'Abdullah reported that Allah had cursed those women who tattooed and who have themselves tattooed, those who pluck hair from their faces and those who make spaces between their teeth for beautification changing what God has created. This news reached a woman of the tribe of Asad who was called Umm Ya'qub and she used to recite the Holy Qur'an. She came to him and said: What is this news that has reached me from you that you curse those women who tattooed and those women who have themselves tattooed, the women who pluck hair from their faces and who make spaces between their teeth for beautification changing what God has created? Thereupon 'Abdullah said: Should I not curse one upon whom Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) has invoked curse and that is in the Book also. Thereupon that woman said: I read the Qur'an from cover to cover, but I did not find that in it. whereupon he said: If you had read (thoroughly) you would have definitely found this in that (as) Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, has said:" What Allah's Messenger brings for you accept that. and what he has forbidden you. refrain from that." That woman said: I find this thing in your wife even now. Thereupon he said: Go and see her. She reported: I went to the wife of 'Abdullah but found nothing of this sort in her. She came back to him and said: I have not seen anything. whereupon he said: Had there been anything like it in her, I would have never slept with her in the bed.

Offline Faiyaz

• "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.." -Oscar Wilde
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2010, 07:10:38 PM »
We tend to get embarrased when we have shortage of food. But we do forget that, the food is just a fine way to share the bond or the brotherhood we should have among ourselves. And we should firmly have and illustrate the love to our other MUSLIM brothers and sisters through our mentality than just spending much money on cooking 'exotic' foods.   
When you have love in your heart for your race and if others feel the same and if you believe in ALLAH and his RASUL the food is unlikely to have shortage. RASULALLAH (S.M) once said in a HADITH, "A food for two is adequate for three. A food for three is adequate for four."
M. Faiyaz Naveed
Asst. Administrative Officer
Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor
Daffodil International University

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2010, 11:05:07 AM »
Righteousness is good morality

On the authority of Al-Nawwas bin Samaan, that the prophet said:

"Righteousness is good morality, and wrongdoing is that which wavers in your soul and which you dislike people finding out about."

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2010, 11:05:48 AM »
Every joint must perform a charity

On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said: The messenger of Allah said :

"Each person's every joint must perform a charity every day the sun comes up : to act justly between two people is a charity; to help a man with his mount, lifting him onto it or hoistingd up his belongings onto it is a charity: a good word is a charity, every step you take to prayers is a charity and removing a harmful thing from the road is a charity."

related by Bukhari and Muslim.