Facebook is also an important tool of networking

Author Topic: Facebook is also an important tool of networking  (Read 5061 times)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Facebook is also an important tool of networking
« on: June 23, 2009, 06:02:26 PM »
Dear all

You must agree with me that DIU is one of the best ICT based universities in Banlgadesh. Our website reflects that we are advancing in all spheres including ICT in good pace. Our forum is such a good initiative to develop network and communication among the members of DIU community. But facebook is an important tool of communication as well. It is now considered the best networking tool of information in the world. Within a twinkling of an eye, we can share knowledge and information and communicate with our friends and nearer & dearer ones living across the world through facebook. In the present time of globalization and communication, we will surely lag behind if we are barred to use any fruit of modern science.

So, i personally believe DIU will be regarded more as an ICT based university than ever if it always keeps facebook open.    
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 08:02:14 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline md

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is also an important tool of networking
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 11:34:18 AM »
U know when facebook open in DIU all bandwidth r using only for this. No one can work and even all student, lab and staff PC r using 90% time. If we r cautious than we can think again but who will guarantee.  I hope u know 1 MB Bandwidth cost how much.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 01:09:26 PM »
Respected Sir
Thank you so much for your kind reply. I will pass this information to all my colleagues and staff, which i didn't know.

Regards
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:11:11 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline sumit

• View Profile
    • sumitrongo
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 08:29:24 PM »

Quote from: shibli
we can share knowledge and information and communicate with our friends and nearer & dearer ones living across the world through facebook. In the present time of globalization and communication, we will surely lag behind if we are barred to use any fruit of modern science.

So, i personally believe DIU will be regarded more as an ICT based university than ever if it always keeps facebook open.  

yes i do agree with you that  FB is very good and easy option to communicate with other.But my opinion is university lab should be used in educational way.Should prefer which is educative.And sometime its happened that we cannot get any computer free for doing our assignment where as most of the user of that time kill or waste their time by using FB or just playing game on FB!!!

how funny!!
 few days back i saw FB is blocked but now its open for use and again the same problem occurring....

we want FB  banned with IP because in previous when FB was banned that time students are entering FB by using   mobile facebook.
         m.facebook.com

if i heart you then i am sorry.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 03:40:23 PM by sumit »

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 03:57:31 PM »
Dear Sumit

I am sorry that I couldn't make you understand my message. I said DIU is one of the best, i never said it's the best or it has no competitors. Also, English word has got multiple meanings. The word 'tool' means not only instrument or devise, but also ways, medium, means etc. Facebook is a tool, so to say, a medium of communication and networking. please don't jumble up with the word, try to grasp the meaning.

Now take for the example MOBILE PHONE, a blessing of modern science. Nowadays the young generation is misusing it, like talking the whole night or even cheating in the examination. A lot of students in DIU have been caught in cheating on mobile phone. Now will you suggest that the use of the mobile phone must be stopped in our life or in DIU campus?  

Yes, today we have taken a decision unanimously that mobile phone must be prohibited in the exam hall. But it can be, better say should be used before or after the exam. Let me tell you an incident, we grabbed a student's cell phone during the exam. It was the time when BDR mutiny took place. His mother was calling up continuously to the Head of the Dept. crying that we would be responsible if anything happened to his son.

My point is you can use a knife either for killing or for surgery. But the benefits of modern science should NOT be barred in this age of globalisation. So i think we should always think before making any comment.

Thanks for your reply, anyway    
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 05:14:33 PM by shibli »

Offline sumit

• View Profile
    • sumitrongo
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 12:41:11 PM »
sir i think you might not catch my point as well .I am not saying that you shouldn't use FB at home!!
i want to say FB should be banned in university.The reason for this was given earlier.If anybody want, they can use FB at their home.There is no problem.You have the right to use internet whatever you wants.............

thank you
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 03:39:44 PM by sumit »

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 01:02:06 PM »
Dear Sumit

You are addressing your views on the FACULTY FORUM. Do you know that? I posted the message to inform the faculty memebrs of DIU only. Otherwise i would have posted it elsewhere. If you have any opinions, please express it on the Common Forum.

Please look at my first posting about Facebook. Then our respected Chairperson replied nicely with the clarification why Facebook cannot be opened. I think everybody has been able to understand his point and the reasons. Please look at my further reply to him and to you again. Anybody can express his or her opinion but nobody should do that by counter-arguing by specific quotation again and again.

Please always try to write YOU-VIEW POINT, "I couldn't make you understand" instead of "you might not catch my point as well". Please meet me in person if you would like to discuss the issue in which I can clarify my reasons and listen to yours.

Hope to see you.  
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 07:07:55 PM by shibli »

Offline sumon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 02:43:36 PM »
dear sumit
Shibli sir gave a comments into the faculty forum to discuss the matter. but after giving your opinion for the first time he started his feedback by saying sorry and he tried to clarify the matter to you. but what you have done again.
you should know that there are several segments in our forum for discussing the matter with specific groups of people again we are proudly saying that this is the only forum where all of our teachers and students are meeting together. So we should think where or in which forum we are going to write. The way of addressing should not be the same in every where and to every one.

I am also a student of DIU now i am studying MBA and i passed my BBA from DIU, so surely all of we love our university a lot and we expect a very good relationship with the every members of DIU Family what we are maintaining from the very beginning.
Hope you got my point.

Thank you for your regular participation in DIU Forum

Sumon
M. Ziaul Haque Sumon
Sr. Administrative Officer
Career Development Center, DIU

Offline sumit

• View Profile
    • sumitrongo
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 07:31:59 PM »

sir,please pardon me.Because of a new member i cannot saw that this post was in the Faculty Forum.I a really sorry for that.

if you want  i am ready to delete my post.

@sumon

please dont attack personally.Forum means one says his opinion and others  also give his opinion on that point(what i think)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:25:26 PM by sumit »

Offline sumon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 11:47:30 AM »
Dear Sumit,
Thanks for your feedback.
But Again you are doing the same mistake. i just want to show you the real situation.
i have no intention to attack you personally because both of we are the student of DIU. So we should maintain a good relationship among us.I just note you that the way of addressing should not be the same in every where and to every one.

Ok hope now you can understand me.

Thank you again brother. Please always stay with DIU forum.
M. Ziaul Haque Sumon
Sr. Administrative Officer
Career Development Center, DIU

Offline md

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 11:51:05 PM »
We must remember the forum we developed for the betterment of the university and we told that every one should submit and reply with positive attitude but we are seeing that some of the member are not keeping their right ethics & respect. Even some one address to others without any courtesy. So from now on if we find any one behave/post wrongly and showed negative attitude we will ban that member and we will published his ID is BAN in diu forum. We must maintain this forum for DIU's better future and make it no. 1 . If we forget that other university (Gave example with DIU) established in 1995 and DIU established in 2002 than of course the guy who forget he/she should take responsibility of this kinds of wrong information. You should praise that DIU established in 2002 and have 50% less tuition fee of that University but trying to become no. 1. I can boldly say if student give same tuition fee with whom they compare than  we will make DIU as best campus, best facility, best environment, everything best. So when u write lot of good thing u should remember our limitations too.