Most of us in DIU don't know how to talk over phone.

Author Topic: Most of us in DIU don't know how to talk over phone.  (Read 2982 times)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Most of us in DIU don't know how to talk over phone.
« on: June 25, 2009, 12:54:50 PM »
Most of us in DIU don't know how to talk over phone. My suggestions are:

1. When calling, please please please introduce yourself, first of all, to avoid ambiguity and enigma.

2. And then ask for the person you want

3. Listen when the other person is talking

4. Cultivate a pleasant voice.

5. Be courteous

Finally we all should know what to say and what not to say and plan our conversation   

Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Re: Most of us in DIU don't know how to talk over phone.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 03:46:38 PM »
Dear Mr. Shibli.

Yes your concern on telephonic behavior is important but the expression “Most of us in DIU don't know how to talk over phone” may not work properly!

Let me share one thing about this kind of sensitive communication: counseling became popular now days beside advice or order because of non-judgmental approaches around the world.

I am sure you didn’t put it to hurt people but who knows the reality?

Finally, I appreciate your topic that can be discussed more critically.

Regards,

Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 05:36:52 PM »
Dear Mr. Raju

Yes i do agree with you that the title expression is negative as well as sensitive but i would like to differ with the fact that it doesn't work at all, rather it worked actually in many cases when i just instructed and passed the information among my colleagues. Also, the expression was intentional; otherwise many of us won't like to go through it in the forum. Do you know only very few members of DIU family are using this forum? Had i written "Telephone Techniques", nobody would have read it, i guess.

But thanks for your kind reply anyway.

Regards
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:12:32 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 12:18:26 PM »
Dear Shibli,

Thanks for taking the issue seriously and thinking about effective communication. It’s true that we do need lot of research on behavioral changing communication (BCC) specially when lot of things should be unlearned around us.

I am planning to organize a workshop on unlearn process with DIU teachers first to create methodologies to intervene student and communities.

May be we teacher need to learn about unlearn process and techniques first then can try with others. It’s a helpless situation created by transitional economy for many of us needs to be helpful meaningfully for each other.

Let me share your thoughts for better planning.

Regards,

Raju

Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU