Andy Murray-Amalie Mauresmo split is getting snippy

Author Topic: Andy Murray-Amalie Mauresmo split is getting snippy  (Read 1942 times)

Offline asitrony

• View Profile
Andy Murray-Amalie Mauresmo split is getting snippy
« on: May 24, 2016, 12:13:52 PM »
Few breakups ever really are mutual.

Though Andy Murray and coach Amelie Mauresmo said their split after nearly two years together was “mutual,” Mauresmo told L’Equipe that the tennis star’s demonstrative on-court behavior toward his box played a large part in her no longer wanting to continue their working relationship.

Mauresmo, a former world No. 1, initially cited her son’s recent birth as the main reason for leaving, wanting to spend more time with her family.

“Andy is complex. On the court, he can be the opposite of what he is in life. It can be confusing,” Mauresmo said. “I was there to help. I had the feeling I could not get things done. I had the impression we got to the end of what could be done professionally. It was concluded that it would be difficult to continue.

“I just reduced my number of weeks of attendance since the last Australian Open and we actually spent little time together. It turns out that it was a difficult time for him, I could not help him. But this decision [to end the collaboration] was initiated some time ago.”

Thanks