sample cover letter

Author Topic: sample cover letter  (Read 14455 times)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
sample cover letter
« on: July 11, 2009, 11:58:24 AM »
June 9, 2009

The Registrar
University of Dhaka
91/B, Nilkhet Residential Area
Dhaka 1000

Subject: Application for the position of a lecturer (please bold the sentence)

Dear Sir or Madam

I came to know from bdjobs.com that you are going to recruit lecturers with a background of Applied Linguistics. I believe my experience and education will make me an ideal candidate for the above-mentioned post. All the necessary information is given in the curriculum vitae attached with the application for your kind consideration.

I have no doubt a few minutes of your time with me will convince you that I can be an asset to your university. I would highly appreciate it if you call me for an interview.

Sincerely yours

Neelima Akhter

Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Re: sample cover letter
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 06:02:33 PM »
Cover Letter Check List:

Make sure you have not forgotten anything important before sending out your cover letter.

1. Have you proofread your letter at least 3 times for grammatical, spelling and typographical errors?
   2. Is the letter addressed to a specific person? Have you taken care to put the correct title and spell the person's name correctly?
   3. Have you signed the letter in blue or black ink?
   4. Is your letter confined to one page and not more than three to five short paragraphs?
   5. Have you highlighted your strengths in the second or third paragraph using bullet points?
   6. Does the cover letter focus on the needs of the employer and not on your own requirements, such as money or flexible hours?
   7. Do you have a copy of the cover letter for your own records?
   8. If salary information was specifically asked for, have you included it? (There is no need to mention salary, if it is not asked for.)
   9. Have you included your resume? Have you placed it behind the cover letter without clips or staples and folded it neatly in thirds to fit into a standard size envelope?
  10. And last but not the least, because it is the number one thing people forget to do: Have you signed your name using blue or black ink?
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.