How to Create Profile in Google Scholar

Author Topic: How to Create Profile in Google Scholar  (Read 803 times)

Offline Rubaida Easmin

• Test
    • View Profile
How to Create Profile in Google Scholar
« on: April 22, 2017, 02:26:56 AM »
If you are an academic or research student and (a) you have published one or more articles, (b) you have not set up your profile on Google scholar, you MUST do so. It would be easier for others to follow your scientific work. You will able to sort your publications by year or number of citations.

Google Scholar will increase your academic impact and visibility in your research field. Please promote this idea in your department and with your colleagues and students.

STEP   
1   You need to have a Gmail account. If you do not already have one please register for one, it may take a few minutes on google.com and click on the sign up icon.
2   After signing up for the Gmail account, you can now remain logged in or open the Google Scholar webpage www.scholar.google.com and click on my citations.
3   You should fill in required fields in the registration profile page, and then click Next Step. You MUST use UNIMAS Official email for verification.
Affiliation: Professor of Computational Science, University Malaysia Sarawak
STEP   
4   This step will help you to find your articles. Your name will automatically written in the author field and click on search article groups. You can skip this step and add your articles later as well.

5 The next step is the Profile update page. It is recommended you leave the option of Automatic update the list of articles in my profile checked so Google able to automatically update your articles. Then click Go to my profile.

STEP   
6 On the profile page please edit (click on edit) the fields, you MUST do the following steps which is related to the University.  The Yellow Ribbon on top tells you that the profile in not public, you MUST click on Make my profile public. 

Homepage:  you MUST insert your Faculty’s homepage. Click on Add homepage and fill in e.g. http://www.fcsit.unimas.my
You can always add your picture to your profile. Click Change Photo to add picture.
To add articles that appear in the Google automated search, you can add them manually by clicking on the action button and then add.

7   It is recommended that you regularly visit your profile and keep it updated.

Offline afsana.swe

• Think Positive
    • View Profile
    • DIU profile
Re: How to Create Profile in Google Scholar
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 03:53:09 AM »
It is an effective post. We all need to know it.
Afsana Begum,
Lecturer (Senior Scale),
Member of Exam Committee and
Convenor of DIU-ISG, Bangladesh,
Software Engineering Department,
Daffodil International University, Dhaka