Condition of New building where CSE has been moved.

Author Topic: Condition of New building where CSE has been moved.  (Read 3917 times)

Offline sharif_897

• View Profile
    • Tips For you
Condition of New building where CSE has been moved.
« on: April 18, 2011, 03:07:58 PM »
Daffodil International University is one of the top private universities that emphasis on the use of modern technology. "One Student One Laptop" is one of the well known activities of our university. Daffodil is rich in IT features. They emphasis on computer technology as well.

Recently CSE department has been moved to Administrative Building from the Main Building. That's obviously a great news. We have larger class room in this building, that's cool.

But the matter of great sorrow that all features we have been enjoying in our main building are not present here. In the class rooms there's no air cooler. In this hot summer days both our teachers and we, students have to stay one and half an hour for each class. most of the days we have at least two classes. So, its very hard for us to continue class in this situation. Our teachers are unable to deliver proper lecture in this condition.

In our previous campus we had individual chair for every student, but here we have to sit on a branch of four students. whereas in all other campus of DIU individual chair is provided. Then why we are not.

The lift we have is too small to contain 10 people at a time. But there are two departments in the building and CSE is an increasingly large department. We have to climb up to 5th floor everyday for want of space in the lift. And sometime more than once a day because our laboratory is still in the main campus and we have to attend lab classes too.

I will most respectfully request the authority to solve this as soon as possible.

Thanks
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't
-Sharif Ahmad
Department of CSE

Offline azam_802

• G. M. Shaharia Azam, CSE Department
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of Shaharia Azam
Re: Condition of New building where CSE has been moved.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:43:32 AM »
Dear Sharif,
It's a fantastic post you wrote. Yeah, since when our department shifted from the main building we are facing these kinds of problem.

But I don't know when our authority will take initiatives about this. And you wrote down this topics but it is also a matter of sorrow that none of the authority has replied in your post. So I am disappointed.

Many users of this forum write down their own post but nobody reply this kinds of writings. It can work as discourage for a student.

As a CSE students also I want a solution about this matter.
G. M. Shaharia Azam
CSE Department
http://www.shahariaazam.com

@ Twitter: twitter.com/shaharia
@ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shaharia.azam
@ GooglePlus: https://plus.google.com/114541364064474970092

-----------------------
As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.

Offline adib

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 01:53:20 AM »
Hi Sharif,

Well said. I think authority don't have any answer to these questions. I have noticed the forum is full of irrelevant topics. This is the condition of our university forum (The most important online community to learn from).

But after all we are going to be ENGINEER .. :D

Thanks for the post, Sharif.

Offline sharif_897

• View Profile
    • Tips For you
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 12:48:18 PM »
I have gone through other boards in this forum and I have seen important topics are not answered but some irrelevant topic like "valentine's day", "Chemistry of Love" are hottest topics of the forum.

Fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go ahead....... I am not with these nonproductive people(who don't know why this forum is for) anymore.

Good bye .................. :'( :'( :'(
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't
-Sharif Ahmad
Department of CSE

Offline emranhossain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 06:11:22 PM »
Dear Gentlemen

Thanks for raising these problems. Regarding air condition as you all are aware that Government stops giving permission to all sorts of electric connection last 2 years and due to this reason we can’t set-up air-condition system fully at our administrative building. Despite this limitation, DIU authority trying to give best service to its students and install air conditions in some common spaces like as lounges. 
About replaying any post, DIU management always try to solve and answer any problem related issues. But due to busyness with recent IEB accreditation body (which is very much essential for our science faculty students to get international professional recognition of their degree), we failed to answer promptly. Moreover solving problem is more important than give replay.

This forum is open for all the students, faculty, staffs of DIU and authority always encourage constructive criticisms from the members, which help us to improve ourselves more and give better services to our students. But unfortunately some member misuses this opportunity by posting unwanted negative writing which is un-expectable.

With Regards
Emran Hossain
Deputy Registrar

Offline Ms. Aziz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 08:20:07 PM »
Dear Sharif,
CSE is one of the large departments in FSIT another one is Textile.Both were in main building and for the smooth academic activity we have shifted one department to admin building which is much more attractive well spacious modern than main one and where there is a biggy big lounge,our students can spent a good time either in leisure period or even in serious group discussion.In the class room aeration system is well enough rather than main building.I do agree with Deputy registrar Sir Moreover solving problem is more important than give reply.We do believe in implementation or solution rather then giving instant reply.We hope you all are smart, intelligent and matured enough to have patience.Everything is for the betterment of the students this the main slogan of entire DIU.Things will be in your (students )favor Just need few more time till then have  patience.Insha allah you will be started enjoying your new set up.
Senior Assistant Registrar
DIU

Offline sharif_897

• View Profile
    • Tips For you
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 02:10:53 PM »
I am very happy to see authority  here. Thank you for your reply.

I do agree with Deputy registrar Sir Moreover solving problem is more important than give reply.We do believe in implementation or solution rather then giving instant reply.

You do believe in implementation more than instant reply, right  ?? Then in the forum I think there is no need to have reply option to posts. Students will just post their problems and authority will solve it. If so happened then students would be more happy. But does it happen really ? I don't think so.
I understand the problem that Government have stopped giving permission for last two years. Ok, if governments don't allow you two more years, will you tell us to be patient then?? I don't know what but something need to do. You might be afraid to learn that for these reasons presence of students in the class has decreased. They don't feel comfortable in the class.

Reply from the authority is expected.

Thanks
-Sharif Ahmad
Department of CSE

Offline Shah - Al - Mamun

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 01:52:50 PM »
Dear Mr. Sharif,

Would you prefer a quick reply rather than taking any actual steps to solve problems?

Suppose the authority replies to your post, "Dear Sharif, Thank you for your post. We will solve your problems."
Would only this reply be able to make you happy?

Anyway, the authority have to take care of many more problems that students are not aware of but are connected to it. The authority, of whom you are complaining, is trying their best and utilizing every moments that they have to figure out proper solution to the problems of the whole university. They would prefer a reply saying "The problem is solved" rather than saying "We will solve the problems". Unfortunately some students keep posting till the authority is bound to reply the 2nd one which is "We will solve the problem".

One more thing that you need to know is the forum which you are using to place your complain is actually a place for open discussion on different topics and sharing with others maintaining a positive gesture.

If you do have problems you are always welcome to share with the Coordination Officers then your Department Head.

Regards,

Shah - Al - Mamun
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 01:55:33 PM by Shah - Al - Mamun »