Dhaka dwellers are always been enjoy to take traditional food in restaurant. But the food habit has changed a lot with the impact of socio-economic and various other reasons. Nonetheless, still there are some special delicacies only available in old parts of Dhaka city are tremendously popular to the city dwellers. As these mouth-watering foods are not available in the new parts of the Capital, people gather at the old parts to have the taste of these special delicacies. Some restaurants of Old Dhaka have already gained a huge repute for serving these foods without hampering the unique taste.
- Hotel Al-Rajjak at Bongshal: The Hotel is famous for its Kacchi, Glassy and Morog Polaw. The hotel was established in 1993 in Bongshal of Old Dhaka. It has now two branches in Bongshal and Nawabpur. The restaurant remains open from 5:30 am-1:00 am.
Address: 29/1, North South Road, Bongshal, Dhaka-1100, Phone: 02-9566412
- Royal Restaurant at Lalbagh: Kacchi Biryani, Jafran-badamer Sarbat, Chicken tikka, Lobang, and Kashmiri naan made this restaurant popular to the food lovers. Address: 44, Horonath Gosh Road, Lalbag, Dhaka, Phone: 8627168, Mobile: 01819-298088
- Star Kabab Hotel and Restaurant at Nawabpur Road: Mutton Lekush, Prawn, and Faluda are most popular items in this restaurant.
Address: 101, B.C.C. Road, Thatari Bazar, Dhaka, Phone: +8802 7119781,+8802 7123827,+8802 7112199
- Junu Polao Ghor at Narinda: This restaurant is famous to the Briyani lovers of Dhaka. They also serve special types of Polaw. Customers have to pay TK100-200 for each plate Biryani.
Address: 11, Narinda, Dhaka, Phone: +88017122821329
- Haji Biriyani at Najira Bazar: The most popular items in this restaurant are Mutton Biriyani, Pata Biriyani which cost taka 200-300. They remain open for customers from 7:00 am to 10:30 pm. Address: 0, Kazi Alauddin Road, Nazira Bazar, Dhaka – 1100, Phone: 01711-523505
- Nirob Hotel at Nazimuddin Road: It is the one of the most popular restaurant in old Dhaka. They serve 20 items of Bhorta in lunch and dinner which made this restaurant popular to the Dhaka dwellers. They also had the arrangement of Briyani, Bhuna Khichury, Roasted meat, Bhuna liver, and Borhani. They are available from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm. Address: 113/2 Najimuddin Road, Sadarghat, Dhaka-1100, Phone: 7300265, 01815468942