3 Signs You’re A Fake Entrepreneur

Author Topic: 3 Signs You’re A Fake Entrepreneur  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Shabrina Akter

• View Profile
3 Signs You’re A Fake Entrepreneur
« on: June 12, 2017, 06:41:05 PM »
1. You’re A Freelance Rockstar

Oh the millions of freelancers… The creatives who believe working for themselves doing what they love is entrepreneurship. But throughout history, this career path has always been referred to as a “merchant”. A self-employed individual who trades their craft for money.

2. You’re An Employee At Your Own Company

We see this all the time with restaurant owners, coffee shop owners, hair salon owners and about a hundred other ventures where people have created themselves a job. Michael Gerber in his book “The E-Myth” refers to these fakepreneurs as “technicians”. Those who are so good at their craft are unable to work for someone else but so weak at the required competencies of growing a company, that they end up reverting to employee-based technician mentality.

3. You’re Employable Under The Right Conditions

I might be one of the most qualified people to write this paragraph. From 15-19 years old I had 16 jobs ranging from bailing hay and working at PETCO to an associate at a skate shop in my hometown. I was fired from almost every one of them. I am 100% unemployable. And even now, 11 years later, I have never worked for another person.

Source: http://startupcamp.com/3-signs-youre-fake-entrepreneur/
Shabrina Akter
Exam Officer
Daffodil International University (DIU)
E-mail: shabrina.exam@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd