7 Principles for Developing Quality Relationships (About Leaders)

Author Topic: 7 Principles for Developing Quality Relationships (About Leaders)  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Md. Abul Bashar

• Test
    • View Profile
7 Principles for Developing Quality Relationships:

1. Acceptance
I accept people for who they are, including myself. I consider all people to be unique and accept that as a positive, rather than a source of frustration.
2. Respect
I treat all people, including myself, with respect on an adult level.  I do not resort to childish or emotional games. I do not manipulate myself or others. I respect others’ right to be who and what they are and do not try to change them.
3. Understanding
I have a clear understanding of myself and others. I make every attempt to appreciate and understand the differences that go into making each individual unique and special.
4.  Transparency
I am open and honest. I feel free enough to speak and act in a manner that is consistent with what I feel and believe. I do not put on airs or try to be anything other than the best “me” I can be. I allow and encourage others to be themselves and promote a feeling of openness in all my dealings with them. I do not permit my predisposition, prejudgment or prejudices to stand in the way of open and harmonious relationships.
5. Non-judgment
I do not judge myself or others. I accept and practice the belief that we are all different and unique. I approach others with the attitude that there are more dimensions to a given situation than simply “right” or “wrong.” I expect and embrace these differences of perception as opportunities to learn.
6. Empowerment
I am self-empowered. I have the conviction of my beliefs. I do not need or seek external strokes to determine my feelings or attitude. I also empower all those with whom I come into contact, respecting their individuality and encouraging their input. I am willing to admit I do not have all the answers.
7. Trust
I operate from a fundamental basis of honesty. This value permeates everything I do or say. I am honest with others and expect others to be honest with me. I proactively promote an environment which invites open discussion, differing points of view, and have faith in the abilities and judgment of others, even when I sometimes do not agree.  I maintain confidentiality when others confide in me.
Developing effective relationships is the key to personal and organizational success. There is a lot of truth in the old adage “it not what you know but who you know.” The seven principles mentioned above will facilitate the process of developing quality relationships.

Offline Nujhat Anjum

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: 7 Principles for Developing Quality Relationships (About Leaders)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 02:18:35 PM »
Thanks for your post.