Mother, What Can I Give You?

Author Topic: Mother, What Can I Give You?  (Read 5712 times)

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
Mother, What Can I Give You?
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:38:32 AM »
After having reached the height of his career a man felt a duty to repay his mother back for all that she had done for him.

He asked, “Mother, what can I give you? What can I do for you? I sincerely wish to repay you for the sacrifices you made for me and for all the love you have showered upon me.”

Mother looked surprised and said, “Why do you think about it? It was my duty so I did it, you don”t have to repay me. Even if you want to, there is no way a man can ever repay his mother.”

Despite her continuous refusal to ask for anything, the son persisted. To put an end to the discussion, she said, “All right. If you must, then tonight you sleep on my bed, with me, just as you used to when you were a baby.”

He said, “That”s a strange thing to ask for, but if it pleases you, I will.”

As soon as he fell asleep, the mother got up and brought a bucket of water. She poured a mug full of water on his side. Feeling disturbed by the wetness under him, in his sleep he moved away to the other side of the bed. As he settled down, his mother poured another mug of water on the other side. In his slumber he tried to find space towards the foot post of the bed.

Sometime later he woke up feeling that this part of the bed too was damp. He got up and saw his mother, with the mug in her hand. He asked angrily, “What are you doing mother? Why don”t you let me sleep? How do you expect me to sleep on a wet bed?”

Mother said, “I slept with you, when you wet the bed in the night. I would change your nappy and move you to the dry part of the bed, while I slept on the wet side. You wanted to repay me. Can you sleep here even for one night with me on a damp bed? If you can, I”ll take it that you have repaid me.”

How eloquently the story above demonstrates that we can”t even begin to repay the care, love and attention a mother showers her child throughout the course of life.
May Allah (SWT) enable us to be of service and comfort to both our parents when we can and may He grant us PATIENCE to serve them during their old age.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
Re: Mother, What Can I Give You?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 10:01:51 PM »
Thank you so much Ansary sir, for this lovely & true touch of reality. We will never be able to repay our parents for what they have done for us at the early stage of our life, even till now!!!!

But our respect to them, consoling them, making them proud about us, serving them for what they want so & all the possible approaches that we can do for our parents, can deliver the sound of our wish to serve them............may be.........it can repay to some extent!!!!!!

But..........it never be!!!!!!!

Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline Antara11

• Senior Lecturer, English Dept.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »
Excellent!!!!yes we can never repay what our mother does for us.
Antara Basak
Senior Lecturer
Dept. of English

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 04:08:44 PM »
A long time ago, there was a huge apple tree. A little boy loved to come and play around it everyday. He climbed to the treetop, ate the apples, and took a nap under the shadow. He loved the tree and the tree loved to play with him. Time went by, the little boy had grown up and he no longer played around the tree every day.

One day, the boy came back to the tree and he looked sad.

"Come and play with me", the tree asked the boy.

"I am no longer a kid, I do not play around trees any more" the boy replied.

"I want toys. I need money to buy them."

"Sorry, but I do not have money, but you can pick all my apples and sell them. So, you will have money."

The boy was so excited. He grabbed all the apples on the tree and left happily. The boy never came back after he picked the apples. The tree was sad.

One day, the boy who now turned into a man returned and the tree was excited.

"Come and play with me" the tree said.

"I do not have time to play. I have to work for my family. We need a house for shelter. Can you help me?"

"Sorry, but I do not have any house. But you can chop off my branches to build your house". So the man cut all the branches of the tree and left happily. The tree was glad to see him happy but the man never came back since then. The tree was again lonely and sad.

One hot summer day, the man returned and the tree was delighted.

"Come and play with me!" the tree said.

"I am getting old. I want to go sailing to relax myself. Can you give me a boat?" said the man.

"Use my trunk to build your boat. You can sail far away and be happy."

So the man cut the tree trunk to make a boat. He went sailing and never showed up for a long time.

Finally, the man returned after many years. "Sorry, my boy. But I do not have anything for you anymore. No more apples for you", the tree said.

"No problem, I do not have any teeth to bite" the man replied.

"No more trunk for you to climb on".

"I am too old for that now" the man said.

"I really cannot give you anything, the only thing left is my dying roots," the tree said with tears.

"I do not need much now, just a place to rest. I am tired after all these years," the man replied.

"Good! Old tree roots are the best place to lean on and rest, come sit down with me and rest." The man sat down and the tree was glad and smiled with tears.

This is a story (Parents Sacrifice for Children) of everyone. The apple tree is like our parents. When we were young, we loved to play with our Mum and Dad. When we grow up, we leave them; only come to them when we need something or when we are in trouble.

No matter what, parents will always be there and give everything they could just to make you happy.

You may think the boy is cruel to the apple tree, but that is how all of us treat our parents. We take them for granted; we don't appreciate all they do for us, until it's too late.

May Allah forgives us of our shortcomings and may He guide us.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »
Mother is the special creation of GOD and that's for us. We can not repay what our mother does for us.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 10:30:09 PM »

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 12:14:32 AM »
Mother is one the people who loves his or her child's more the all the peoples. I love you............my mother.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 04:20:03 PM »

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 09:19:43 AM »

Offline Ferdousi Begum

• Don't give up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 12:41:58 PM »
There is no way a man can ever repay his mother. true.

Offline 710000757

• Taslim Ur Rashid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 01:51:32 PM »
Its not possible to pay.....
Taslim Ur Rashid
Lecturer
Department of Nutrition and Food Engineering
Daffodil International University

Offline Md. Al-Amin

• "Yes"