i want back my laptop

Author Topic: i want back my laptop  (Read 8182 times)

Offline atik189

• View Profile
i want back my laptop
« on: August 18, 2011, 11:32:27 AM »
I am the student of journalism and mass communication dept. my ID is 102-24-189. After receiving my laptop it has burnt within 13 days. But thanks God my laptop charger is OK. To repair my laptop 15 thousand is needed. I have told some a lot. Everybody listen me but they are unable to do anything for me.

Daffodil give me this laptop for using not to thorough it into the wastebasket.

kano sobai bojha na ami amar laptop ischa kora porai ni. nischoi oi laptop a problem chilo. kou amar kotha sonlo na. ami to daffodil ar customer na ami daffodil ar student. oneak kosto laga. but amar kisoi korar na. universityr tution fees sobkiso milaya 15 thousand taka deya abar laptop thik kora impossiable. dear chairman sir apni amar teacher tai informali apnakai bollam sir ami ki ar laptop use korta parbo na. please sir i want to get my laptop back.
Mohammad Bin Mannan Atik
ID: 102-24-189
Cell: 01738744852

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
Re: i want back my laptop
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 12:27:14 PM »
The warranty of electronic goods voids if the damage is caused by the user.

Anyway, authority may consider your case, if possible.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline Shah - Al - Mamun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 12:28:59 PM »
Very sorry to hear about your laptop... However please be informed that there are certain reasons that cause this kind of burning problem with laptops. You might want to go through the following information:

What Causes a Laptop to Overheat?
*Using your machine intensively, makes the hard drive, the central processing unit (CPU) and video systems work at a high capacity. If you do a lot of gaming on your laptop, or run a lot of programs at one time such as Photoshop or Dreamweaver, these will be causing the CPU to work some overtime. I particularly notice my lappy heating up when a virus scan is running. So, the harder your laptop is working, the hotter your processor will get.

*Keeping your laptop in an hot environment, very hot room, near to a radiator/heater etc. contributes to over-heating

*The make and model of your laptop determines whether it may have a propensity to overheating -  i.e. if your model’s design does not allow for adequate ventilation.

*If you obstruct the existing ventilation in any way e.g. use it on a bed, blanket, quilt etc

*Allowing fibres and dust to enter the ventilation area.

*Plugging in USB devices such as dongles and external hard drives puts a load on the processor

How Do you Know if you Have an Overheating Problem?

*It’s important to remember that there is a difference between your laptop getting hot and actually overheating. If you aren’t sure if your laptop is truly overheating, look out for the following

*If your laptop suddenly shuts down for no reason – this often means the fail safe system in the computer has kicked in when it hits a certain temperature

*Blue Screen of Death often signifies you have an overheating CPU problem

*You may become aware of the fan working more often and sounding louder and/or more vigorous than normal as it tries to cool the computer down

*Memory operation errors

*Your laptop is scorching hot to touch in certain areas

*Your laptop is running slower than usual

What Damage Can Overheating Cause?

*Your laptop can suffer quite extensive damage and require you to replace major components, which could prove to be expensive.

*You can actually cause damage to yourself. Believe it or not, cases of burned genitalia and legs are common. Some medical reports also attribute fertility problems to excessive heat from a laptop.

What Do you Do if my Laptop is Overheating?
*Try to keep your laptop on a cool, hard surface. The majority of models have their ventilation underneath, so if you were daft enough to think that because it’s called a laptop it’s ok to have it on your lap (doh), think again. You may well be in danger of obstructing the ventilation. Ensure that air can circulate all around the laptop, especially underneath.

*Keep all the vents clear of dirt, fluff, dust and fibres.

*Only connect USB devices when you need to use them.

*Use the powersaving functions of your laptop, helps to prevent overheating and also extend the battery life

*Use a laptop cooling stand, a gel cooling pad or a 3-fan cooling pad

[Source: http://paula-brett.com/blog/laptop-burning-hot]

I hope others will be careful of this issue and take care of their laptops accordingly.

Regards,
Shah - Al - Mamun
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:55:49 PM by Shamim Ansary »

Offline mohin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 01:13:31 AM »
Dear Atik

I am very sorry to hear about your Laptop. I appreciate your mail regard on your laptop.

As per policy at world's IT no hardware of PC or Laptop can be exchanged against damaged by burn.But always we appreciate our students rather then any things. I will talk with Daffodil computers regard on your Laptop. Please meet with me.

Thank you

Md. Mohin Chowdhury
Md. Mohin chowdhury

Offline atik189

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 01:50:23 PM »
sir i am very sorry to you that i can't meet with you. becouse i have come my home town. But sir it is very much disappointing that i am the student of Daffodil not the customer. sir after come back to dhaka i will meet with you. Thank you sir.

Offline Shah - Al - Mamun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 11:32:37 AM »
Dear Atik,

We understand you are a student and not a customer. However, here Daffodil International University is the customer because Daffodil International University have purchased those laptops for its students. So it will be almost impossible for the university to replace your laptop from the manufacturer as burning voids the warranty. Anyway, please do talk with Mr. Mohin as he asked to take guidance from him on what to do.

Regards,
Shah - Al - Mamun

Offline sazzadte

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 10:09:55 PM »
very sad news, electronic device do anything anytime
Md Sazzad Hossion.
Co-Ordination Officer
Dept of Textile Engineering.
sazzadte@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 07:42:09 PM »
When we use the electronic things some times it can be disable or not run the proper manner. But we can not burnt it or not throw it.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline Yousuf.Chy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 11:01:27 PM »
I did not heard anybody complain about the laptop before. The burning may be due to many reasons. The socket you plugged in the charger, electrical disturbance from the main power line to your home. Mr. Mamun already stated many reasons of burning. I hope everything is alright with your laptop.
Yousuf Chowdhury
Student Counselor,
Daffodil International University
Member, DIUAA
Cell: +880 01713493051.
E-mail: yousuf.chy@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Offline ferdous_1251

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 10:35:19 PM »
inna lillah very sad,

Offline sadique

• hope to win.....struggle to win........
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 10:02:50 PM »
I know a lot of student who have a lot of problems with daffodil pc ,,,,,,like

1.sound box
2.display
3.charger
4.power button
5.mouse(screen touch)
6.battery
..the authority should be more careful to distribute laptop....that the students can get a latest and a good configuration laptop...to use frequently
Md. Sadique Hasan Polash
Dept. of Journalism and Mass Communication
ID:111-24-227
E-mail:polash24-227@diu.edu.bd
Mobile:01723207250

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 12:16:42 PM »
Like other machinery, Laptop may cause fault, sometimes. It can happen to even any standard brand. Electronic goods can be damaged by the ignorance of the user too. Please contact to the assigned person with specific problem, if any. You wont find any other better than the authority for official servicing of the laptops. After receiving a new laptop from DIU, you must comply with the regulation and user guideline provided by the authority. Otherwise, the authority will not take liability.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"