Auspicious Evening with Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

Author Topic: Auspicious Evening with Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Maruf Reza Byron

• Test
    • View Profile
Auspicious Evening with Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
« on: May 22, 2017, 05:08:42 PM »
Feeling blessed to have the opportunity to participate at an auspicious event titled “Youth Dialouge with Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam” at the Ball Room of the Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel at last evening. I am amazed to listen to His remarkable speech where He advised to the hundreds of students of fifteen best private and public universities of Bangladesh:

“Be the captain of your problems… defeat problems.” He then quoted from Rumi’s poem and get that recited by the audience. He referred the examples of Thomas Alva Edison and Alexander Graham Bell and advised the young minds to dream big… set the goal of their life and fly high… He also suggested the youngsters of our country to transform their dreams into logical thinking and translate that thoughts into positive actions. The acclaimed scientist, Dr. Kalam, emphasized on the importance of the art of managing failures and suggested the students to transform their failures into success. He also pointed out the significance of leadership skills by sharing several real life examples of His 83 years’ journey of life. He also shared a heart touching “Bliss story” and asked the young minds to think of the question everyday - “What I’ll be remembered for?” Finally, He called the generation next to work for their country specially for the poor people of the country with the mission of achieving what He termed “Energy independence”.

My heartiest thanks go to MCCI and Grey Advertising Bangladesh Ltd for inviting us to such an event. Last but not the least, I would like to give special thanks to Montasir and Bipul, two of my students, for their nice care!

Right now I am truly inspired by Dr. Kalam’s auspicious speech and expecting to transform my dreams into reality.

Note: It was written in 2014