Preparing teachers for leadership and service in a multicultural, global and technological society.
Teacher as Leader
The teacher should demonstrate subject-matter content, pedagogical and professional knowledge
necessary to ensure that students learn.
1. The teacher demonstrates an understanding of content knowledge.
2. He/she demonstrates knowledge of development as a foundation for understanding
behavior and learning.
3. He/she demonstrates knowledge of effective communication across broad audiences.
4. He/she demonstrates knowledge of technology and its appropriate integration into
5. S/He demonstrates an understanding of social justice which includes how diverse
cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic, gender, and exceptionality issues affect student learning and
6. The candidate demonstrates an understanding of theory and research related to curriculum,
instruction, and assessment.
7. The candidate demonstrates knowledge and understanding to effectively design, implement,
and manage educational environments.