Writing a personal diary is one of the best options if someone wants to improve English writing skill.
The advantages are:
1. You write an entry EVERYDAY (7 days a week without excuses).
2. You can write more or less depending of your free time, inspiration or mood.
3. You can write about anything you like (Daily experiences, thoughts…).
4. While writing your diary you are also keeping a record of the work done.
5. You can check your progression looking back at what you wrote in the past.
6. If one day you don’t know what to write about, just write about what you did during the day (Because you always do something, don’t you?).
It’s easy to create the habit to write when you keep a personal diary.
Try to write at the same time every day. For example…
1. Just before going to sleep.
2. Just after waking up.
3. During your lunch time.
4. While in the bus.
…among many others…
Afroza Akhter Tina
Department of English, DIU