‘Functional Fingerprint’ May Identify Brains Over a Lifetime

Author Topic: ‘Functional Fingerprint’ May Identify Brains Over a Lifetime  (Read 1214 times)

Offline iftekhar.swe

• মানুষ তার স্বপ্নের সমান বড়
    • View Profile
    • DIU_SWE Faculty
‘Functional Fingerprint’ May Identify Brains Over a Lifetime
« on: September 05, 2018, 03:24:33 PM »
Michaela Cordova, a research associate and lab manager at Oregon Health and Science University, begins by “de-metaling”: removing rings, watches, gadgets and other sources of metal, double-checking her pockets for overlooked objects that could, in her words, “fly in.” Then she enters the scanning room, raises and lowers the bed, and waves a head coil in the general direction of the viewing window and the iPad camera that’s enabling this virtual lab tour (I’m watching from thousands of miles away in Massachusetts). Her voice is mildly distorted by the microphone embedded in the MRI scanner, which from my slightly blurry vantage point looks less like an industrial cannoli than a beast with a glowing blue mouth. I can’t help but think that eerie description might resonate with her usual clientele.

For more reading: https://www.quantamagazine.org/functional-fingerprint-may-identify-brains-over-a-lifetime-20180816/
Daffodil International Univeristy

Offline Fahad Zamal

• View Profile
Re: ‘Functional Fingerprint’ May Identify Brains Over a Lifetime
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 12:39:23 AM »
Good one.

Offline lamisha

• View Profile
Re: ‘Functional Fingerprint’ May Identify Brains Over a Lifetime
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 09:23:52 AM »
very much useful