Significance of classroom learning

Author Topic: Significance of classroom learning  (Read 6059 times)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Significance of classroom learning
« on: November 15, 2011, 11:27:33 AM »
Significance of Classroom Learning

This is the age of experiential learning and e-learning, still the art of human interaction in the classroom continues to grow. Why does classroom learning still matter? What can students get from the classroom that they might not be able to find online or in the field?

A scholar of Chinese film, McGrath is “a big believer in film as a collective experience." He often
moderates in-class debates, enabling students to collectively discover truths within complex subject matter.

“If you need to engage in analysis and interpretation, classroom learning provides something that online learning can't, because in the give-and-take process of hearing and contemplating others' ideas and testing your own against them, you will actually come to a much deeper understanding."

David Noble
American Studies

David Noble depends on classroom learning to teach his students that they're studying real people with real problems.

Noble believes that fully understanding the multifaceted situations gives students invaluable skills in their own lives.

David Wilkins
American Indian Studies

Wilkins demands a lot from his students, because the abilities “to think critically and to be prepared to field questions immediately are critical. They help you throughout life." The most valuable skill a student can take from education, he adds, is “the ability to exercise individual self determination." And that's the kind of skill that the face-to-face interaction of a classroom community can nurture.

By Andrew Hogan
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
Re: Significance of classroom learning
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 08:18:55 PM »
Classroom learning has the core signification that we can not find any where else!!!! a classroom provides the additional environment that helps to cover up everything start to stop.
Thank you so much sir....for the post.
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline Golam Kibria

• Working for a better life
    • View Profile
    • Golam Kibria
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 09:30:35 PM »
Classroom is very important for learning. We cannot think a good learning without classroom. In class we can meet with teachers face to face and for that the students can find the proper knowledge form the teacher. In classroom the classmates are helping one another for learning.
Only on classroom the learning can be done properly and accurately which is helpful in our future life.
Golam Kibria
ID:101-11-1373 (BBA)
Asst.Offic, Bangladesh Skill Development Institute
Ex.Lecturer,SEBGC
Email : golam_1373@diu.edu.bd
http://www.golamkibria.com
Mob:01843674226
Digital University: http://www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
Bangladeshi Poems, Novels and history: http://www.trulybangladesh.com

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 10:42:13 AM »
Sajib and Kibria

You see, your English writing skill has developed significantly. I am really pleased to see my favorite students participating greatly in this platform. I must appreciate your efforts for your continuous contribution to DIU Forum. You should thank me for introducing forum to both of you, ha ha ha..

May Allah bless you, grant you success in life. Just be focused in what you want out of life, that 's it.

Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline mms

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 11:42:58 AM »
I would like to add few comments with Sibli sir. Before that, I am grateful to Sibli sir for arising this fantastic topic in the forum. thank you so much.

In this world, everything is going properly as we see in our eyes. but in the back side of this effort we usually ignore. Its easy to see something happen but tough to plan, think , implement. here comes the importance of knowledge, expertise, dedication. to achieve these virtues, one must need to study to learn.

Sometimes we tell, classroom doesn't provide the practical learning. I am somewhat agree with this statement but to have the abstract knowledge, one must have to have the empirical background that is the basement of learning. My question is, where will one can develop the knowledge base/foundation?   Its very simple to answer. It's the institution are providing this basement to all of us.

To learn something properly, there should have the proper environment, system and structure. Classroom is meeting this quest to all of us. We can have the required flavor to learn the knowledge into the classroom. Sometime, group learning is more easier than alone. We can explore new ideas, thoughts into the classroom which sometimes is not possible to discover. So, classroom is the perfect place to develop our knowledge base.
Md. Moniruzzaman Sarker
Lecturer
Department of Business Administration,

Offline Golam Kibria

• Working for a better life
    • View Profile
    • Golam Kibria
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 12:14:26 PM »
Thank you Shibli sir for your appreciation and i informed by you about forum and after that i am trying to active in our university forum and also trying to informed my friends to active in our university forum.
Sir, Thank you again.

I informed about  forum by Shibli sir in our classroom. So, classroom is very important for any kind of success.

May Allah bless us.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:03:20 PM by Golam Kibria »
Golam Kibria
ID:101-11-1373 (BBA)
Asst.Offic, Bangladesh Skill Development Institute
Ex.Lecturer,SEBGC
Email : golam_1373@diu.edu.bd
http://www.golamkibria.com
Mob:01843674226
Digital University: http://www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
Bangladeshi Poems, Novels and history: http://www.trulybangladesh.com

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 01:01:56 PM »
We cannot ignore classroom learning that forces us to rigorous studies resulting in academic degree. Some people think that knowledge is much more important than degrees. In normal situation, how many of us read books rigorously. Some of us pretend to be knowledgeable but a really knowledgeable person reads a lot. We Know Professor Anu Mohammad is an activist fighting for the noble cause, but how many of us know how much he studies every day. He is a genuine knowledge seeker. 

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 01:16:42 PM »
Before doing MBA, I thought what was the use of achieving the degree. If i read business books, i could easily learn many things. But my MBA degree tremendously changed my perception about business studies. I came to learn many things which would Not have been possible otherwise. To me, learning is the process of transforming information and experience into knowledge, skills, behaviors, and attitudes. The mission of achieving any academic degree serves this purpose in the most right way. How many of us read books like Professor Sirajul Islam Chowdhury, Professor Syed Monjurul Isalm and Profesoor Jamilur Reza Chowdhury and Professor Jillur Rahman Siddique do. Reading is their passion.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:50:15 PM by shibli »

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 01:45:24 PM »
Classroom learning makes students possess competitive skill that eventually make them good learners. Competitiveness also makes them to be creative. It also teaches them to be co-operative. Co-operative means to share, students who have this skill are good organizer and play a vital role as a team player. On lot of occasions they can overcome their weakness by collaborating with others. They definitely reach their goal as teamwork.

Offline goodboy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 11:27:45 PM »
Dear Shibli Sir,

It's my honor to say from the core of my Heart that you appreciated me & my Classmate, Kibria. And Sir, you do deserve A grand "Thanks" for this. Because this platform is really shaping us.

Again, Thanks a lot.
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
25th Batch.
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 06:21:55 PM »
Reading and learning in the classroom is very much important for the students. Most of the thing we learn from the classroom that's provided our honorable class teacher. And we can cover our 70-80% study in the classroom if we hear the teachers lecture very carefully and fully concentrate on the class room.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline Sampa Saha

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 02:01:44 PM »

Dear Shibli sir,
Thanks for this type of posting .
Classroom learning concept is really valuable for our students to build up their team sprit. Every people will be benifited from this concept but depends on implementation.

Sampa saha
Sr. Lecturer
DIU

Offline goodboy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 05:52:32 PM »
As a student, I think class room learning is a must to shape him/herself in the field of productivity. To know about the reality, class room helps a student, & a to be called a better student, it's a must.

Thanks Mam for sharing your view. You are Right. It really based on personal implementation.
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
25th Batch.
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 07:22:50 PM »
In classroom we can be complete the most of the topic that's are lectured by the teachers, and the concept are fully clear in the classroom if we are attentive in the class room.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline Sampa Saha

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 01:35:42 PM »
Dear students,
Thanks for realization. Our maximum students have to realize this and practices in classroom.

Sampa saha
sr. Lecturer
DIU