• Provide a consistent process of patient care that ensures the appropriateness, effectiveness, and safety of the patient’s medication use.
• Consult with the patient’s doctor(s) and other health care provider(s) to develop and implement a medication plan that can meet the overall goals of patient care established by the health care team.
• Apply specialized knowledge of the scientific and clinical use of medications; including medication action, dosing, adverse effects, and drug interactions, in performing their patient care activities in collaboration with other members of the health care team.
• Call on their clinical experience to solve health problems through the rational use of medications.
• Rely on their professional relationships with patients to tailor their advice to best meet individual patient needs and desires.