Story on Parents' Love - Son Teaches Father

Author Topic: Story on Parents' Love - Son Teaches Father  (Read 1655 times)

Offline masud.ged

• Be Yourself
    • View Profile
Story on Parents' Love - Son Teaches Father
« on: April 16, 2019, 02:42:02 PM »
Once upon a time in village there was an old man-Mohidur.  He wanted to meet his son who lived in a city.  He started his journey and came to a city where his son used to work and stay.  He went to the place from where he used to get letters long back.  When he knocked the door he was excited and smiled with joy to meet his son.  Unfortunately, someone else opened the door. Mohidur asked, “I suppose Mehedi should be staying in this place.” The person said, “No! He had left the place and shifted to different location.”  Mohidur was disappointed and just thinking how to meet his son.  He started to walk in the street and the neighbors asked Mohidur, “Are you looking for Mehedi?” Mohidur responded by nodding his head.  The neighbors gave the present address and office address of Mehedi to the Mohidur.  Mohidur thanked them and started towards the path which will lead to his son.
Mohidur went to the office and asked in the reception counter, “Could you please tell me the location of Mehedi, in this office?” The receptionist asked, “May I know how you are related to him?” Mohidur responded politely by saying, “I’m his father.” The receptionist said, Mohidur to wait for a moment and rang up to Mehedi and conveyed the same.  Mehedi was shocked and told the receptionist to send his father to the cabin immediately.  Mohidur entered the cabin and when he saw Mehedi; his eyes were filled with tears.  Mehedi was happy to see his father.  They had a simple conversation for a while and then Mohidur asked Mehedi, “Son! Mom wants to see you.  Come home with me.”
Mehedi responded, “No father.  I can’t come.  I’ve a busy life and it’s hard to get leave.”
Mohidur gave a simple smile and said, “Okay! You may do your work.  I’ll be going back to our village today evening.”
Mehedi asked, “You can stay for few days with me.  Please.”
Mohidur responded after a moment of silence, “Son.  You are busy with your tasks.  I don’t want to make you uncomfortable or become a burden for you.” Continued, “I hope if ever had chance to meet you again, I would be happy.” He left the place.
After 2 months Mehedi felt bad for treating his father in a weird manner.  He felt guilt for it and took a leave in office for few days and went to his village to meet his father.  When he went to the place where he was born and grew up, he saw that his parents were not there.  He was shocked and asked the neighbors, “What happened here? My parents have to be there.  Where are they now?” The neighbors gave the address of the place where his parents are staying.  Mehedi rushed to the place and noticed that the place where his parents are staying currently was like a graveyard.  Mehedi eyes was filled with tears and started to walk slowly towards the home.  His father Mohidur noticed Mehedi in a far distance and waved his hand to draw his attention.  Mehedi saw his father and started to run and hugged him.
Mohidur asked, “How are you?” and continued, “What a surprise to see you here. I didn’t expect that you would be coming to this place.”
Mehedi felt ashamed and kept his head down. Mohidur said, “Why are you feeling bad.  Is anything wrong happened?”
Mehedi responded, “No father” continued, “It’s just I never knew that I would be seeing you in this position in our village.”
Mohidur smiled and said, “I had debts due to loss in farming and wanted to reclaim our home back.  So I thought of approaching you, but you were more concerned about your tasks than us.  I just didn’t want to burden you with this problem and remained silent.”
Mehedi whispered, “You could’ve told me. I’m not an outsider.”
Mohidur turned around and said, “Your words on office made me to remain quiet.  All we wanted was your happiness.  So I kept quiet.”
Mehedi started to cry and hugged his father again. He asked his father to apologize and forgive him for his mistake. Mohidur smiled and said, “No need for that.  All I wanted was that you must come to us.  I’m happy with what I got now.” And from then Mehedi made his parents life more comfortable.

(Collected)
Md. Masud Parvaj
Lecturer
Art of Living
Department of GED
Daffodil International University