Some Motivational Adages for Achievers
An adage is a traditional maxim, a proverb of common experience. These quotes come from many sources. We may find these quotes inspirational.ATTITUDE:
1. "It's your attitude, not your aptitude that determines your altitude."
2. "Look backwards with gratitude, upwards with confidence and forwards with hope."
3. "Smile and the world smiles with you- cry and you cry alone."
4. "Happiness is not something you find- it's something you create."
5. Be ready for an opportunity when you see it. if your ship doesn't come in- swim out to it."
6. "It all depends on how you look at things and not on how they are."
8. "If you make an effort to change your attitude, life can be very different."BUSINESS:
1. Business has two seasons- slack and busy."
2. "Business, like religion and science, should know neither love nor hate."
3. "Any manager can reduce prices but it takes intelligence to increase profits."
4. "When two people in the same company always agree, one is unnecessary."CHANGE:
1. "Nothing is permanent except change. Change is a continuing process- not an event."
2. "There's nothing wrong with change- if it's in the right direction."
3. "Why not accept change- go with it and commit yourself to a life of self improvement."
4. "Success brings growth and growth means change."
5. "The graveyard of business is littered with companies that failed to recognise the need to change."
6. "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to your courage to make changes."
7. "we must always change, renew and rejuvenate ourselves- otherwise we rot."
8. "To aim for perfection you will need to change often."EDUCATION:
1. "knowledge is power- if applied."
2. "Education is not the filling of a bucket but the lighting of a fire."
3. "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."
4. "The world is a classroom and life is a memorable teacher- for those who are prepared to learn."
5. "The difficulty in education is to get experience out of ideas."
6. "To teach is to learn twice."LEADERSHIP:
1. "A leader is a dealer in hope."
2. "Leadership is largely a behavioral skill. It cannot be taught- only learnt."
3. "The key to leadership is to accept responsibility."
4. "To be a leader you have to be at one with the people you lead."
5. "Good followers don't make good leaders."
6. "Leaders need a clear vision. They should know where they are going."
7. Leaders must be prepared to make the hard decisions."
8. "Leaders who allow others to speak for them abdicate their responsibilities."
9. "Leaders should understand the needs of their followers."
10. "Different situations require different styles of leadership."
11. "Good leaders delegate and keep clam in times of stress."
12. "If you can combine intelligence and humanity with enthusiasm you are likely to be a good leader."
13. "To become a leader- be a leader!"