15 Great Tips for Learning English Quickly and Easily

Author Topic: 15 Great Tips for Learning English Quickly and Easily  (Read 3804 times)

Offline Rubaiya Hafiz

• View Profile
15 Great Tips for Learning English Quickly and Easily
« on: July 31, 2019, 12:02:17 PM »
Have you seen “The Matrix”?
If so, you probably remember the scene where the main character, Neo, is going through his “training.”
Instead of showing a montage (collection of scenes) of him running on the beach and working out to gradually get stronger, another character simply puts a program directly into Neo’s brain.
Seconds later, Neo opens his eyes and says, “I know kung fu.”
Now, since you’re learning a foreign language, you probably can understand why I’m mentioning this.
When I saw that scene, I thought, “Wow, I wish I could do that with German or Spanish!” If you’re reading this blog, you may have thought the same thing, only about learning English.
Unfortunately, “The Matrix” is just a fantasy, and there’s no computer program, secret potion or magic brain pill that can help you learn English instantly.
It will take a lot of hard work and dedication.
But since you’re reading this, you’ve also taken the first step: You’re motivated enough to want to improve.
Today we’ll look at 15 tips to help you improve your English, no matter how much or how little English you already know. Each tip will contain some examples and links that can help you on your language learning journey.
1. Practice, practice, practice
2. The more you practice, the better and quicker you’ll learn
3. Find your motivation
4. Work hard and play hard
5. For better future output, get lots of input now
6. Focus on communication first
7. Don’t forget structure
8. Recognize that learning English isn’t a straight line
9. Don’t translate everything
10. Keep a language log or journal
11. Be consistent and accountable
12. Be realistic
13. Know your level to improve your level
14. Pay attention to pronunciation from the beginning
15. Technology is your friend, so use it
If you follow these, you won’t instantly be able to speak English perfectly.
But they will help you improve if you follow them.
Then, before you know it, you’ll be able to open your eyes, do your best Neo impersonation and say, “I know English!”