Know thyself as a PRESENTER/SPEAKER 2

Author Topic: Know thyself as a PRESENTER/SPEAKER 2  (Read 1960 times)

Offline Gopa B. Caesar

• View Profile
Know thyself as a PRESENTER/SPEAKER 2
« on: December 03, 2011, 09:21:14 AM »
b. Evaluate your current presentation skills
    To be a more effective presenter it is usual to examine your present skills. The following evaluation can help identify the areas which to focus to increase your competence. Please read each item and circle the concentrate on those items you marked 1, 2, 3.

ALWAYS   NEVER
1.   I identify some basic objectives before planning               5  4   3   2 1
        a presentation.
2.   I analyze the values, needs and limitations of                  5  4   3   2 1
        my audience.
3.   I write down some main ideas first, in order to                 5  4   3   2 1
        build a presentation around them.
4.   I incorporate both a preview and review of the                5  4   3   2 1
        main ideas.
5.   I develope an introduction that will catch the                  5  4   3   2 1
        attention of my audience and will also provide
        necessary background information.
6.   My conclusion refers back to the introduction                  5  4   3   2 1
        and, if appropriates, contains a call-to-action
        statement.
7.   The visual aids are carefully prepared, simple,                  5  4   3   2 1
        easy to read, and make an impact.
8.   The number of visual aids will enhance, not                     5  4   3   2 1
        detract from, my presentation.
9.   If my presentation is persuasive, I support it                   5  4   3   2 1
        with logical arguments.
10.   I use anxiety to fuel the enthusiasm of my                      5  4   3   2 1
        presentation, not hold me back.
11.   I ensure the benefits suggested to my                           5  4   3   2 1
        audience are clear and compelling.
12.   I communicate ideas enthusiastically.                             5  4   3   2 1
13.   I rehearse so there is a minimum use of notes                  5  4   3   2 1
        and maximum attention paid to my audience.
14.   My notes contain only ‘key-words’ so I avoid                   5  4   3   2 1
        reading from manuscript.
15.   My presentations are rehearsed standing-up                    5  4   3   2 1
        and using visual aids.
16.   I prepare answers to anticipated questions,                     5  4   3   2 1
        and practice replying to them.
17.   I arrange seating (if appropriate) and check                     5  4   3   2 1
        audio-visual equipment in advance of the
        presentation.
18.   I maintain good eye contact with the                              5  4   3   2 1
        audience all the times.
19.   My gestures are natural and not restricted                       5  4   3   2 1
        by anxiety.
20.   My voice is strong and clear, and not                              5  4   3   2 1
        monotonous.

Score explanation
If you scored between 80 and 100, you are  an accomplished speaker who simply needs maintain basic
skills through practice.
If your total score was between 60 and 80, you have the potential to become a highly effective
presenter.
If your score was between 40 and 60, you need to go through a workshop like the present one you are
feeding on.

CHECK IT OUT ...  ;D

Offline Tamanna Islam

• View Profile
Re: Know thyself as a PRESENTER/SPEAKER 2
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 04:30:01 PM »
:)

Offline Gopa B. Caesar

• View Profile
Re: Know thyself as a PRESENTER/SPEAKER 2
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 11:16:30 PM »
:D