An atheist n my thoughts

Author Topic: An atheist n my thoughts  (Read 2392 times)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
An atheist n my thoughts
« on: August 23, 2009, 05:29:29 PM »
A Muslim never breaks his or her fast (ROZA) secretly and says to everybody that " i am fasting." Because he or she knows Almighty Allah is seeing him or her. If someone breaks Roza, he says that he is not fasting.

There are so many hidden sins and crimes being taken place every moment by millions of people around the world that often go unnoticed and unpunished. We believers believe that these sinners will be punished in the day of Judgment. I have seen many atheists who are ethical outwardly but they are truly Not. They are the cream of the society but they are corrupt. One of them whimsically gave one of our teachers 2nd class, later saying "Had i known you, i would have given you first class marks." Some of them used to do dirty politics while others utterly would say beautiful words but were personally deprived of moral values. Two of my colleagues often used to say; "Why should i be ethical always since i don't believe in religion." I saw many people saying "stealing is unethical" but they take bribe secretly. I had this experience at tax office at PURANA PALTON. I can give many many more examples. I am citing examples of people because there is no MANUAL of Ethics that can be followed universally. Very often change leads to distortion. Therefore, an unbeliever tends to be unethical more than a true believer because the former doesn't have to be accountable to anybody. Very rarely can a person control his or her evils by himself or herself. 

However, a person will reveal his/her true character when s/he is allowed to do whatever he/she wishes. A very rich person may not be a thief at present, but do we know for sure that s/he would not steal if s/he were utterly poor? Likewise, a beggar who looks very gentle and soft might be a tyrant if s/he were a king. Our true character is revealed when we have ample of opportunity to do anything we wish. Or, if a person is sure that nobody can see what s/he does, then most probably s/he will do what s/he likes by nature. Our character is what you do in the dark.

So, religion is mandatory, i believe, to be ethical. Because It's Allah who is Just. He sees everything n will punish accordingly. A Muslim is Not a true muslim unless s/he is ethical. Cap n beard are not the only identity of a muslim. A muslim is one who acquires peace submitting his/her will to Almighty. I never talked about the supremacy of one religion over others. Rather i'd say that the Muslims are lagging behind because they are Not following their scriptures. The Christians and Hindus are not following their scriptures. Let's come to common terms as being in all Holy books.
I am not talking about the similarity between muslims, hindus n christians; mind you, this is similarity between hinduism, christianity n Islam

Please come to common terms as being in all holy books. All religions are same, this is a great lie but we can discuss the differences later. Let's at least follow what are common. According to all Holy books, the common things are: 1. We should worship only one GOD without a second. 2. We should not eat pork n drink alcohol. 3. There is no protima, no statue, no image or likeness of GOD. 4. We should do good deeds n forbid others from doing wrong deeds. 5. We should establish regular charity. 5.We should believe in and follow the last n final rishi Muhammad(pbuh). 6. Let us not associate partner(s) with GOD.

Buddha, Jesus(pbuh), n Muhammad(pbuh) never said, "make a statue of me, worship me or i am God." Actually they are the messengers of one GOD. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:57:36 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline mir

• My Students my Universe....
    • View Profile
Re: An atheist n my thoughts
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »
Dear Shibli Bhai,
Good to see your thoughts. Seems you are very much with religion and religious thoughts as well as ethical issues. I might differ in some points but I think this is a very good write up. I don't feel like put argument on a never ending discussion where views could normally vary. Keep it up. I am sure, many of us will be benefited from your research. I really liked your lines where you did express your love towards me! Many thanks for your complements. I like you too. Stay fine.

Regards,
Masud I Rahman

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Re: An atheist n my thoughts
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 03:44:31 PM »
 If Islam is the best religion, why are many of the Muslims dishonest, unreliable, and involved in activities such as cheating, bribing, dealing in drugs, etc.?

VAST DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ISLAM AND THE ACTUAL PRACTICE OF MUSLIMS

1. Media maligns Islam
      Islam is without doubt the best religion but the media is in the hands of the westerners who are afraid of Islam. The media is continuously broadcasting and printing information against Islam. They either provide misinformation about Islam, misquote Islam or project a point out of proportion, if any.

When any bomb blasts take place anywhere, the first people to be accused without proof are invariably the Muslims. This appears as headlines in the news. Later, when they find that non-Muslims were responsible, it appears as an insignificant news’ item.

If a 50 year old Muslim marries a 15 year old girl after taking her permission, it appears on the front page but when a 50 year old non-Muslim rapes a 6 year old girl, it may appear in the news in the inside pages as ‘Newsbriefs’. Everyday in America on an average 2,713 cases of rape take place but it doesn’t appear in the news, since it has become a way of life for the Americans.

2. Black sheep in every community:

I am aware that there are some Muslims who are dishonest, unreliable, who cheat, etc. but the media projects this as though only Muslims are involved in such activities. There are black sheep in every community. I know Muslims who are alcoholics and who can drink most of the non-Muslims under the table.

3. Muslims best as a whole:

Inspite of all the black sheep in the Muslim community, Muslims taken on the whole, yet form the best community in the world. We are the biggest community of tee-totallers as a whole, i.e. those who don’t imbibe alcohol. Collectively, we are a community which gives the maximum charity in the world. There is not a single person in the world who can even show a candle to the Muslims where modesty is concerned; where sobriety is concerned; where human values and ethics are concerned.

4. Don’t judge a car by its driver:

If you want to judge how good is the latest model of the "Mercedes" car and a person who does not know how to drive sits at the steering wheel and bangs up the car, who will you blame? The car or the driver? But naturally, the driver. To analyze how good the car is, a person should not look at the driver but see the ability and features of the car. How fast is it, what is its average fuel consumption, what are the safety measures, etc. Even if I agree for the sake of argument that the Muslims are bad, we can’t judge Islam by its followers? If you want to judge how good Islam is then judge it according to its authentic sources, i.e. the Glorious Qur’an and the Sahih Hadith.

5. Judge Islam by its best follower i.e. Prophet Mohammed (pbuh):

If you practically want to check how good a car is put an expert driver behind the steering wheel. Similarly the best and the most exemplary follower of Islam by whom you can check how good Islam is, is the last and final messenger of God, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Besides Muslims, there are several honest and unbiased non-Muslim historians who have acclaimed that prophet Muhammad was the best human being. According to Michael H. Hart who wrote the book, ‘The Hundred Most Influential Men in History’, the topmost position, i.e. the number one position goes to the beloved prophet of Islam, Muhammad (pbuh). There are several such examples of non-Muslims paying great tributes to the prophet, like Thomas Carlyle, La-Martine, etc.
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Sir Isaac Newton and an atheist
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 06:56:49 PM »
The story is told of an atheist scientist, a friend of Sir Isaac Newton, who knocked on the door and came in after he had just finished making his solar system machine (i.e. one of the machines like the one in the science museum where you crank the handle and the planets and moons move round).

The man saw the machine and said 'how wonderful' and went over to it and started cranking the handle and the planets went round. As he was doing this he asked, 'Who made this?'

Sir Isaac stopped writing and said 'nobody did'. Then he carried on writing.

The man said, 'you didn't hear me. Who made the machine?'  Newton replied, 'I told you. Nobody did.' He stopped cranking and turned to Isaac 'Now listen Isaac, this marvelous machine must have been made by somebody - don't keep saying that nobody made it.'

At which point Isaac Newton stopped writing and got up. He looked at him and said 'Now isn't it amazing. I tell you that nobody made a simple toy like that and you don't believe me. Yet you gaze out into the solar System - the intricate marvelous machine that is around you - and you dare say to me that no one made that. I don't believe it'.

As far as the record goes the atheist went away and he was no longer an atheist. He was suddenly converted to the idea that God was behind the laws that were found in creation.