1. In this study dyeing of 100% cotton knit fabrics were performed by using reactive dye at different shade percentages (0.5%, 2.0%, 4.0% & 8.0%).
2. Exhaust dyeing method was applied in the experiments for 100% cotton knitted fabrics.
3. Two types of knitted fabric samples (single Jersey & Interlock) were taken for this experiment.
4. Scouring & bleaching was carried out at 98 degree Celsius for 45 minutes while dyeing was carried out at 60 degree Celsius for 60 minutes.
5. Reflectance (%) of the dyed fabric samples were measured after dyeing. The color strength of a dyed fabric is usually expressed by its K/S value.
6. The color strength (K/S) of the dyed samples were also measured from the reflectance (%).