INTERNATIONALIZATION BEYOND COVID-19: Steps to Take Now
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic all the educational institutions are passing most crisis moment. But there is still some opportunities for internationalization and global engagement to lead the way. By following the ten steps universities may transform crisis into opportunities,
1. Need joint effort of Faculties & Students Affairs to ensure the Internationalization of course curriculum.
2. Public Health, Pharmacy, Biology, Nutrition & Food, communication, political science etc departments may position to contribute to related research to address the global impact on pandemic.
3. Faculties and Research department may work together to identify potential grants and funding sources.
4. Change the mentality of relaying on physical mobility as the be –all and end-all.
5. Emphasize on virtual exchange. In this case Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) may part of international strategy.
6. Provide multidimensional support to international students such as housing, visa, mental health etc.
7. Take preparation for upcoming semester. Prepare students about study abroad
8. Identify the possible way to boost up the international partnership
9. Focus on resilience, recovery, adaptation, innovation, and action
10. Modify the overall internationalization strategy