Steps to Creating Positive Affirmations

Author Topic: Steps to Creating Positive Affirmations  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Salma Akter

• Test
    • View Profile
Steps to Creating Positive Affirmations
« on: July 28, 2020, 12:18:12 PM »
By changing the way you think, reprogramming your mind and removing the old negative beliefs that have been sabotaging you again and again throughout your life, positive affirmations are a cornerstone of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. When created and used correctly, positive affirmations can enable you to achieve the life you’ve always wanted for yourself!

Creating your own affirmations is the perfect way to get the right affirmations for you.  Cognitive Behavioral Therapy outlines 3 steps to create your own positive affirmations.

1. Take some time to think about areas in your life you would like to improve and how you might want your life to be.

2.Write down a list of the most important improvements you would like.

3.Look at each item on the list and write out a few positive statements for each. The statements must be positive and in the present tense.  Make sure to focus on what you do want and not on what you don’t want.

There are many types of affirmations.  In the early stages of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, some of the affirmations you will receive will be “releasing” in nature.  These are designed to assist you in overcoming any initial resistance to the process.  Other affirmations may focus on health, love, weight loss, peace and happiness.  Below is a list of positive affirmations that are often used in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

Releasing Affirmations:

I am ready and willing to release the past, now.

Affirmations for Health:

Every Cell in my body vibrates with energy and health.

Loving myself heals my life. I nourish my mind, body and soul.

My body heals quickly and easily.

Affirmations for Abundance:

I prosper wherever I turn and I know that I deserve prosperity of all kinds.

The more grateful I am, the more reasons I find to be grateful.

Affirmations for Love:

I know that I deserve Love and accept it now.

I give out Love and it is returned to me multiplied.

I rejoice in the Love I encounter every day.

Source: http://brownbackmason.com/articles/3-steps-to-creating-positive-affirmations
Salma Akter
Assistant Controller of Examinations
Office of the Controller of Examinations
Daffodil International University
Daffodil Smart City, Birulia, Savar, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh