Cases for Hard Skills:
- If you are applying for a software developer, some of the best hard skills are the ability to use one or more development language such as Java, C++, Smalltalk, PHP, .NET, and etc. Examples of a software developer soft skills are the ability to work successfully in a team, good communication skills, etc.
- If you are a project manager, you can list in your CV hard skills such as expert knowledge of project management methodologies as the Waterfall or Agile, business analysis knowledge, certifications as PMP. Hard skills are important for working with different types of PM software such as Project Management Tools, Risk Management Tools, Workflow Management Software, and Gantt Chart Software.
Important soft skills of a project manager are leadership skills, communication skills, problem-solving abilities, decision-making and etc.For bakers, important hard skills are the ability to work with operating kitchen equipment and to have specific knowledge of different cook methods. Important soft skills: attention to detail, flexibility, adaptability, willingness to learn.Cases for Soft Skills
- A doctor is required to have an extensive repertoire of hard skills, especially the ability to diagnose and prescribe treatments for an array of ailments. But a doctor who does not have the soft skills of emotional intelligence, trustworthiness and approachability is not likely to be very highly regarded by their patients.
- A salesperson, who may have an unrivaled and exhaustive knowledge of their market, will find it difficult to close a deal and retain their clients if they lack the soft skills of interpersonal skills and negotiation.
- A customer services professional with amazing organisational skills will only do well if they are also able to interact professionally with customers, and have empathy and listening skills.