What English Learning Setting Is Best for Me?

Author Topic: What English Learning Setting Is Best for Me?  (Read 937 times)

Offline Anta

• Never lose hope
    • View Profile
« on: June 06, 2021, 02:14:31 PM »

It’s very important to be in the right setting when learning any part of English. With listening, it’s even more important, because listening is a skill that requires your careful attention.

Here are three main types of learning situations:

Independent study: Independent means “by yourself,” so this involves studying English on your own time. You might like this option if you can get distracted by others in a classroom, are too busy for a formal class or prefer to study in different places (on a train, at home, at a park) whenever you can.

Classroom setting: A classroom will have other students with a teacher, and meets regularly. This might be for you if you like discussing with other students, feel uncomfortable alone with a teacher or have trouble focusing on your own.
One-on-one: One-on-one classes are sessions with you and a teacher (or a conversation partner). You might prefer these lessons if you feel shy around other students or if it’s easier to ask questions to a teacher or conversation partner privately (alone).
Try these different ways of practicing English listening skills, and pay attention to which works best for you. Once you’ve chosen your best learning setting, use the tips below to practice listening in English.

Source: https://www.fluentu.com/blog/english/how-to-improve-english-listening-skills/
Anta Afsana
Lecturer
Department of English
Daffodil International University
email id: anta.eng@diu.edu.bd
Contact number: 07134195331