regarding ablution seat

Author Topic: regarding ablution seat  (Read 2114 times)

Offline kulsum

• View Profile
regarding ablution seat
« on: March 14, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
Dear All,

Hope all of you are doing fine!

I would like to draw your attention regarding ablution seat. We need at least one or two ablution seat(s) in all our washrooms. What do you think?

We sit in the 5th floor of Sobhanbagh campus. We teachers of 3/ 4 departments share three washrooms, one for male teachers, one for female teachers and one for officials. Whenever we do ablution we need to wash our feet and the whole washroom gets wet. It becomes very inconvenient for him/her who visits after ablution. It makes our dress wet and dirty and also makes the floor muddy.

Since we stay  in our office for 6 hours, and sometimes more than that we need to say our prayers at least once or some times twice. I think it will be very convenient for us specially female teachers if we can get an ablution seat beside our wash basins where a tap can be set easily and a drain can be connected for water dropping.

Await your valuable response.

Always very best for all of you.

Umme Kulsum

Department of English

Offline asma alam

• View Profile
Re: regarding ablution seat
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »
Dear Umme Kulsum miss,

I also agree with you. Ablution is essential for saying prayers. Since we are Muslims and prayer is Faraz for all Muslims, we are to perform ablution before our prayers. But after the performance of ablution we discover our clothes damp. So it is my urge also that the authority should consider the problem from the practical point of view and respond (take initiative) as early as possible to remove our inconvenience.

Thank you,
Asma Alam

Department of English

Offline Nazmul

• Faculty
  • Senior Lecturer (On Study Leave), Dept. of CSE
    • View Profile
    • Nazmul Haque's WebHome
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »
Dear Madams,
It is indeed an essence for Muslim to have ablution and your proposed solution is excellent. I hope that DIU authority will soon take necessary steps to resolve the issue. Because the authority always showed their great positive steps to uplift the flag of DIU.
Mohammad Nazmul Haque
Senior Lecturer
(On Study Leave)
Dept. of CSE,CIS & CS
Daffodil International University
102 Sukrabad,Mirpur Road,
Dhaka-1207,Bangladesh

email: nazmul@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
web: http://daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/faculty/nazmul/

Offline asma alam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 01:45:23 PM »
Thank you Sir for appreciating our claim. Ablution seat is badly needed for confirming cleanliness. Otherwise our prayer may not be granted by God. Above all it is not healthy.