Etiquette - Meaning, its Need and Types of Etiquette
What Makes Human Beings Different from Animals ?Answer
- It is the way they carry themselves in the society. Here comes the importance of manners and etiquette.
It is essential for an individual to behave in a responsible manner acceptable to the society. People around us must not feel embarrassed by our behavior.One should not behave irrationally or illogically in public.What is Etiquette ?
Etiquette in simpler words is defined as good behaviour which distinguishes human beings from animals.
Human Being is a social animal and it is really important for him to behave in an appropriate way. Etiquette refers to behaving in a socially responsible way.Etiquette
refers to guidelines which control the way a responsible individual should behave in the society.Need for Etiquette
01. Etiquette makes you a cultured individual who leaves his mark wherever he goes.
02. Etiquette teaches you the way to talk, walk and most importantly behave in the society.
03. Etiquette is essential for an everlasting first impression. The way you interact with your superiors, parents, fellow workers, friends speak a
lot about your personality and up- bringing.
04. Etiquette enables the individuals to earn respect and appreciation in the society. No one would feel like talking to a person who does not
know how to speak or behave in the society. Etiquette inculcates a feeling of trust and loyalty in the individuals. One becomes more
responsible and mature. Etiquette helps individuals to value relationships. Types of Etiquette 01. Social Etiquette-
Social etiquette is important for an individual as it teaches him how to behave in the society. 02. Bathroom Etiquette-
Bathroom etiquette refers to the set of rules which an individual needs to follow while using public restrooms or office
toilets. Make sure you leave the restroom clean and tidy for the other person. 03. Corporate Etiquette-
Corporate Etiquette refers to how an individual should behave while he is at work. Each one needs to maintain the
decorum of the organization. Donâ€™t loiter around unnecessary or peep into otherâ€™s cubicles. 04. Wedding Etiquette-
Wedding is a special event in every oneâ€™s life. Individuals should ensure they behave sensibly at weddings. Never be
late to weddings or drink uncontrollably. 05. Meeting Etiquette
- Meeting Etiquette refers to styles one need to adopt when he is attending any meeting, seminar, presentation and so
on. Listen to what the other person has to say. Never enter meeting room without a notepad and pen. It is important to jot down
important points for future reference. 06. Telephone Etiquette-
It is essential to learn how one should interact with the other person over the phone. Telephone etiquette refers to
the way an individual should speak on the phone. Never put the other person on long holds. Make sure you greet the other person. Take
care of your pitch and tone. 07. Eating Etiquette-
Individuals must follow certain decorum while eating in public. Donâ€™t make noise while eating. One should not leave the
table unless and until everyone has finished eating. 08. Business Etiquette
- Business Etiquette includes ways to conduct a certain business. Donâ€™t ever cheat customers. It is simply unethical.
To conclude, etiquette transforms a man into a gentleman.