Job Title: Internee
Number of positions: 48 (Forty Eight)
Duty Station: Dhaka
Reports To: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Duration: 3 Months
Posted: 16th November, 2009
Deadline: 22nd November, 2009
The BBC World Service Trust is the BBCâ€™s international development agency. Working in over 40 countries worldwide, the Trust uses media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights. In Bangladesh, the Trust is supporting and expanding programming in its key areas of focus. This includes a major project using the media to improve English language skills. Core activities include factual and drama television programs, mobile and online learning products and content for radio. The Trust is seeking internees for the Marketing and Communications Team for its Bangladesh country office. This internship programme includes:
* An intensive 10 days training program on Interactive media tools & products (Mobile and Online)
* Knowledge and information on various qualitative and quantitative researches of socio-economic classes from the BBC World Service Trust research team.
* First-hand experience of outdoor engagement marketing activities
* Extensive training on team building
The terms of reference and required experience are listed below:
* Promoting BBC World Service Trustâ€™s brands in outdoor engagement marketing activities
* Nationwide travel with BBC World Service Trust representatives
* Work in team
* Daily event-reporting to the Dhaka office
* Audience management and brand building
* Live presentations
* To following up any key indicator points assigned by the Line Manager or designee.
* University students enrolled in Bachelor degrees or recent graduates (Preferably in Business Administration, major in Marketing) from reputed universities.
* An understanding of marketing campaigns and brand development and how to utilize these to the benefit of the organization and the project.
* Good understanding of the objectives and principles of the BBC and of World Service Trust in particular.
* Excellent communication skills in both English and Bangla, both written and verbal.
* Good interpersonal skills, and in particular the ability to work as part of a team.
* Willing to travel outside Dhaka.
Applications: Interested applicants should send a one page cover letter and CV to BBCWST-Dhaka HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for receiving applications is 22nd November, 2009.
The BBC is an equal opportunities employer.