Paper wastage

Author Topic: Paper wastage  (Read 2923 times)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Paper wastage
« on: January 19, 2010, 06:53:01 PM »
We have to cut down wastage of paper in the University. We should think on how we can save paper........ Can't we think of making DIU a digital University?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 06:55:50 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline md

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Paper wastage
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 10:52:43 PM »
Thnx for your concern. DIU website itself has lot of facility where without any paper u can run your work. For your day to day activities now Job tracking (virtual University) is there, for any meeting, minutes & action u can go topics, for news, note, lecture, notice the site is ready and u should see now some dept (like Accounts, Registrar office, IT etc)  r following the guideline and day by day we r reducing our paper work. Of course the ERP is a great tool for reducing the paper work too. Our problem is habituate of the system. If any one study all of our work I m confident no need for paper. Hope all of u will try your best to campaign this facility to Faculty, students etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 12:48:53 PM »
Respected sir

Job tracking (virtual University) software is another excellent innovation of DIU. i personally have surfed that. I totally agree with you sir that there are many options to make proper use of technology in DIU. And, we should educate those who even don't know or cannot operate computer even in this age of technology or want to follow conventional system. Many of us don't like CHANGE. We all have to inspire and instruct them. Change we need...

Sincerely
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 02:39:22 PM »
Dear Mr. Rashed Karim

Can we make the whole registration process paperless? First of all, students collect paper forms, then we give them print-outs after registration. If they make mistakes or want to make changes in courses, then we have to give them print-outs again. Finally on Add Drop, once again confirmation papers are given. We are to give print-puts more than thrice for one purpose.

We all have to think on how we can save paper. In developed counties, there is recycling system. But in Bangladesh we still are not able to introduce that. We have to think seriously on that.

rgds

Please accept this letter as an informal request
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 07:06:21 PM by shibli »

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Wastage of Paper
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 06:27:32 PM »

My suggestion is:

When students pay their tuition fees, they will be given a token of payment. With their tokens they will go to their respective registration advisors. As soon as the students' id.s are put in the software, their offered courses of a particular semester will be shown automatically. No papers will be given after registration. Only, after the Add-drop, registration confirmation papers will be given.

Offline rashed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 08:58:02 PM »
Dear Sibli Vi,

Thanks for your important and cost reducing suggestion. Actually what academic management has wanted , I just developed. I can inshallh do if academic management deduce the process of the registration they want.

Rgds,

Md Rashed Karim
Asst. Director

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 11:45:07 AM »
Thanks for your reply, Rashed Bhai.

Through you, I have informed all of my suggestion. But one thing you can do, i suppose, is you can create a link on virtual university software like the results' software through which students will be able to know the courses they have been registered in a particular semester. That would be meant only for students.

Regards

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 08:09:34 PM »

Let us all take an oath. Let us vow together not to waste any paper at DIU. We want paperless registration.....please support me all with this vow............ 

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 02:04:33 PM »

I think all of us should check our office email as soon as we come to the office and check  again when we leave the place in the evening or at night. All memos can be sent through office emails. Let us unite to stop wastage of paper.

Offline shamsi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 03:37:10 PM »
It is really a good concern.Each and every conscious citizen should think about avoiding any sort of wastage.In this regard,I would like to share my own experience.I use the questions which I ask my students to return, in my reading skill classes.In this way I utilize the question papers.I also take notes on the opposite blank sides of written papers which are not in use.

Offline Sampa Saha

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 11:50:12 AM »
Shibly sir,
 i absolutly agee with you. thanks to find out this.We have to utilize our resources conciously and properly sothat can minimize wastage and get optimum output.

Offline rumman

• DIU is the best
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 04:13:47 PM »
I fully agree with Shibli Sir. I am doing the same since starting of online registration. 
Md. Abdur Rumman Khan
Senior Assistant Registrar

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 06:29:39 PM »
We are still wasting paper for registration. We should give print-outs only after the Add-Drop. No resolution has been made so far for that.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 07:17:43 PM by shibli »

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 09:22:25 AM »
Not only in the process of Students' Registration, I think, we, each and every Faculty member/ Admin can take part in the process of SAVING PAPER.

We can print official/academic draft on draft page...

In case of keeping "Office Copy"/ "personal copy of grade-sheet" we can make photocopy on draft page.

As faculty members, we can distribute (if necessary) our lecture(s) among the students, printing on both sides of a paper, instead of one...

I would like to quote from Shamsi madam's reply "....I use the questions which I ask my students to return, in my reading skill classes. In this way I utilize the question papers.I also take notes on the opposite blank sides of written papers which are not in use..." which I think can be a good example of self-originated way of saving papers.

Shamim Ansary
Admin.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 09:26:29 AM by Shamim Ansary »
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"