Stress Management Tips for Managing Stress

Author Topic: Stress Management Tips for Managing Stress  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daffodil International University
« on: May 13, 2012, 03:51:28 PM »

By Remez Sasson

Stress consumes your time and energy and weakens your immune system. It causes restlessness, unhappiness, impatience and anger. It can harm your life, ambitions, relationships and health. There is no doubt that it would be much better to live without it.

There are various methods to reduce, control and manage stress. Some stress management techniques may suit some people, and other techniques may suit other people.

In my opinion, one of the best methods for stress management is meditation. It exerts a calming effect on the body, nerves and blood pressure, reduces restlessness, and brings peace of mind, detachment and equanimity. To experience the benefits of meditation one needs to meditate everyday, but the problem is that not everyone has the discipline, will and desire to meditate, even when realizing the benefits of meditation.

In this short article, I don't intend to analyze the reasons for stress, nor describe programs for stress management and reduction. I only want to suggest some tips to help you reduce stress.

It is not always possible to control or eliminate the reasons of stress, but it is possible to act and behave in certain ways that could reduce or alleviate it. You cannot always control the conditions of your life and circumstances, but you can learn to choose not to be internally influenced by them too much.

The following tips for stress management serve as first aid against stress. They will not prevent it altogether, but they can reduce or alleviate it.

Tips for stress management:

# When you feel stress is building up within you, if possible, stop what you are doing and take a short walk.

# When stressed, drink some water or juice.

# When under stress, take a few slow deep breaths.

# Eat some food you like, because food can calm down restlessness and nervousness.

# Listen to your favorite music.

# Do something that you like doing.

# Watch a funny movie.

# Repeat affirmations to calm you down, such as:

- My mind is getting calm.
- I am relaxed and happy.
- I can meet any situation with calmness and inner strength.
- Everything is going to turn out great.
- I feel how my body, feelings and mind are getting calmer.

# Think, and persuade yourself about the futility of stress, and how much it is better to live without it.

# Exercise your inner freedom, and do not to let other people thoughts, opinions, words and actions affect you.

# Engage in sports or physical activity.

You can manage stress if you put your mind to it. It requires some effort and time on your part, but the rewards are great. Follow the tips, but also remember that the more peaceful your mind becomes, the less stress you experience. The more inner peace you possess, the less anxiety, stress and fear you experience. Browse through the website, and you will find how to take the first steps to inner peace and stress-free life.

Source: http://www.successconsciousness.com/stress_management_tips.htm
Md. Abdullah-Al-Mamun (Badshah)
Senior Assistant Director
Daffodil International University
01811-458850
cmoffice@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

www.fb.com/badshahmamun.ju
www.linkedin.com/in/badshahmamun
www.twitter.com/badshahmamun

Offline proteeti

• View Profile