Sri Ramana Maharshi Quotes

Author Topic: Sri Ramana Maharshi Quotes  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daffodil International University
« on: May 14, 2012, 04:31:48 PM »

Mind is consciousness, which has limitations. We are originally unlimited and perfect. Later on we take on limitations and become the mind.

Meditation depends upon the strength of mind. It must be unceasing even when one is engaged in work. Particular time for it is meant for novices.

When one makes the mind stick to one thought, the mind becomes rock-steady and the energy is conserved.

The mind is only a bundle of thoughts. The thoughts have their root in the I-thought. Whoever investigates the True "I" enjoys the stillness of bliss.

When the mind is left without anything to cling to, it becomes still.

The inquiry "who am I" turns the mind introvert and makes it calm.

There is no mind to control if you realize the self. The mind having vanished, the self shines forth. In the realized man, the mind may be active or inactive, the self remains for him.

Meditation helps concentration of the mind. Then the mind is free from thoughts and is in the meditated form.

Meditation is sticking to one thought. That single thought keeps away other thoughts; distraction of mind is a sign of its weakness; by constant meditation it gains strength.

When we turn the mind inwards, God manifests as the inner consciousness.

See who is the doubter, who is the thinker. It is the ego. Hold it; the other thoughts will die away - the ego will be left pure. See the source from where the ego arises and abide in it. That is pure consciousness.

The "I" thought is said to be the sum total of all thoughts. The source of the "I" thought has to be enquired into.

The mind of one meditating on a single object becomes one-pointed. And one-pointedness of mind leads to abidance in the self.

Real attainment is to be fully conscious, to be aware of surroundings and the people around, to move among them all, but not to merge consciousness in the environment. One should remain in inner independent awareness.

Once the current of awareness of the self is set afoot, it becomes everlasting and continuous by intensification.

Realization is to get rid of the delusion that you have not realized.

Good thoughts keep off bad thoughts. They must themselves disappear before the state of realization.

Realization is our true nature. It is nothing new to be gained. What is new cannot be eternal. Therefore there is no need to be doubting whether we would gain or lose the self.

A realized one sends out waves of spiritual influence in his aura, which draw many people towards him. Yet he may sit in a cave and maintain complete silence.

Turn the mind inward and cease thinking of yourself as the body; thereby you will come to know that the self is ever happy. Neither grief nor misery is experienced in this state
Md. Abdullah-Al-Mamun (Badshah)
Senior Assistant Director
Daffodil International University
01811-458850
cmoffice@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

www.fb.com/badshahmamun.ju
www.linkedin.com/in/badshahmamun
www.twitter.com/badshahmamun