Fashion World

Author Topic: Fashion World  (Read 6391 times)

Offline mir

• Faculty
  • My Students my Universe....
    • View Profile
Fashion World
« on: February 11, 2009, 05:30:19 PM »
Dear All,
Fashion world is changing very fast because of many factors including the media. Awareness of fashion has tremendously increased among a section of our society in the last decade. Present showbiz world as well as international and national superstars have been playing a significant role on the fashion trend of our country. At the same time, old styles seems to be restored again in some aspects of fashion. Our present fashion trend, to some extent, has some similarity with the 60's. But at the same time much variation are found among the youth.

Under this circumstances, we have been doing a research under the title: How does the fashion world behave? Insight into the Impact of Ethnicity on Fashion Trend in Bangladesh.

Please provide us any information, journals, articles, analysis or connections that is related to our above research.

Thanking,

Masud Ibn Rahman
Assistant Professor
Faculty of Business and Economics

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion World
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 03:39:09 PM »
Fashion Houses are passing their busy time now a days. Lot of fashions are being exercised in the present time. Fashion shows are a common stuff in every cultural program. If somebody inserts some new thing, it is turning to be a 'modern' fashion. Interestingly, it is a flowing trend & none knows, when the scurry will come to a standstill....!

Sir, Let us know the progress & findings of your research at a glance.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline mir

• Faculty
  • My Students my Universe....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 12:14:51 PM »
Its a long long waited reply Ansary, see my posting was on February 2009!  Actually I posted the topic several times at the beginning of launching the Forum to get a response on this research. I expected something from the teachers of Textile Department in this regard. Even I contacted a faculty over there to get some literature, but unfortunately no one seems had interest on it. Me and my students have done some ground work and 50 percent work of this research is done. I shall post the findings of course. thanks again.

Masud Ibn Rahman

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 10:58:51 AM »
To get an idea upon changing trend of fashion of Dhaka, please have a look...

http://www.demotix.com/news/163007/burqa-and-shalwar-jeans-and-sari-changing-fashions-streets-dhaka
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »
Please go the link

www.fashionworldmaker.com
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 06:31:30 PM »
We should open departments on Fashion and Interior Design and Architecture
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 10:57:57 AM »
Yes i appreciate
We should open departments on Fashion and Interior Design and Architecture

I suggest to open departments on fashion blog ...that will be more effective ..Fashion blogs are blogs that cover the fashion industry, clothing, and personal style.
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline Mostakima Yesmin

• Can I reach the peak at all...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 08:16:34 AM »
Fashion is the most identity for every country. Day by day we introduce different types of fashion. Our young generation feel  so much interest in fashion. Everyone want to do better something.
Mostakima Yesmin Mita
Dept. of CSE
23rd batch
Daffodil International University.
E-mail: mita_17dhk@yahoo.com
            mostakima@diu.edu.bd

Offline rabeyabusri

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 02:57:28 PM »
FASHION!!! It totally reflects ones personality. Is anything else? I personally very much interested to know the absolute & correct definition of fashion. Sir, by your research I think it would be possible for me to know the real thing.
Rabeya Busri
BBA Dept.
20th Batch
ID: 082-11-252

Offline suraiya

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »
I agree with Mr Shibli. Opening an MA in Fashion Designing will be a step to keep pace with the current trend. Textile department can conduct this MA . Such initiative will benefit our students and the same time other peoplewill also be benefitted by Daffodil International University's quality education
Senior Lecturer
Department of English

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 04:31:02 PM »
Fashion Design
As both an educator and industry professional, I cannot tell you how many times I have observed designers starting out in either graphic or fashion design who fail to lay a proper foundation. This foundation requires a solid understanding of the basic software programs used by the industry. The key to successful results lies in differentiating between vector and raster based software- two unique software formats each of which provides for unique advantages and disadvantages.

When it comes to software for the fashion industry there are several choices in off-the-shelf software, or software that is readily available to anyone, such as Adobe PhotoShop®, Adobe Illustrator® or CorelDraw®. Proprietary software, software that is specifically designed for use within a given industry, is often a hybrid which allows the user to use a traditional off-the shelf software in conjunction with an industry software frequently sold as a plug-in. This kind of software has been adapted to work with the off-the-shelf software and includes features useful

by one of my students
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 03:52:10 PM »
We should open departments on Fashion Design