Good Teacher

Author Topic: Good Teacher  (Read 15603 times)

Offline sabnam

• View Profile
Good Teacher
« on: March 28, 2010, 02:33:40 PM »
Teaching is like no other profession. As a teacher, you will wear many hats. You  should be a communicator, a disciplinarian, a conveyor of information, an evaluator, a classroom manager, a counselor, a member of many teams and groups, a decision-maker, a role-model, and a surrogate parent.

Good teachers:
1)are good at explaining things.
2)have a sense of humor
3)are inherently fair-minded
4)have "common sense."
5)have a command of the content they teach.
6)set high expectations for their students and hold the students to those expectations.
7)can lead or follow, as the situation demands

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Good Teacher
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 03:56:22 PM »

Yes we are role models to our students. I completely agree with Ms. Sabnam
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Job description of a teacher
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 11:08:32 AM »
The responsibilities of a general teacher are well defined which are as follows:

1. Instructing students
2. Checking scripts
3. Preparing questions
4. Invigilating in the exam hall
5. Counseling students
6. Managing class rooms
7. Managing students
8. Doing research work

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 12:35:00 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Student development
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 12:36:52 PM »

We should teach the students how to study on their own and help themselves. If they go abroad, they won't able to adjust to that environment just because of their inability to do self-study.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Skills Development
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 12:42:54 PM »
In Bangladesh we emphasis on degrees and results but in developed countries like in England, i have seen people value on skills; how skilled a person is and how creative he or she is to carry out or perform a specific job is judged, no matter how educated or less educated he or she is. That is the reason why so many right people in Bangladesh are not in the right places.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Students don't study
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 12:46:40 PM »

I see many students don't seem to study at all. They just tend to study at night before the exam. We, the teachers should encourage and motivate them continuously, otherwise they are going to suffer in the long run. 

Offline sabnam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 12:54:50 PM »
I think , the teacher should make a topic more interesting to the students and encourage to study concisely

Offline tanzina_diu

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 12:25:10 PM »
I do agree with Shibli sir that most of the students study at night before the exam. To reduce this tendency, we can take some steps such as-

-Most of the time we see that if we assign students to do a task as an assignment, they try to copy it as they do not read at home. To avoid this, sometimes we may ask questions on the assignment topic to the students at the time of collecting assignments. If they fail to answer us properly we can tell them to do the assignment again with an additional task. In this way, they will be encouraged to submit the assignment with a good knowledge on the topic to avoid this punishment.   

-After finishing our lecture we can let them go through about what we have discussed in that class (but not in depth) for ten minutes from their lecture copy. After that we can ask questions and based on their performance we can reward them a bonus point. In this way they will be motivated to listen our lectures attentively and write it in their copy.

By taking the above steps i hope we will be able to motivate them to study from the beginning of the course.

Tanzina Hossain
Senior Lecturer
BBA Department
Tanzina Hossain
Assistant Professor
Department of Business Administration
Faculty of Business & Economics

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 03:57:39 PM »

Dear sir

Teachers are asking for a separate forum on which they can discuss on various issues to develop themselves and that should not be seen by any student. We would highly appreciate if we are given the opportunity to discuss among ourselves.

Regards   

Offline BRE SALAM SONY

• Alhamdulliha Allah Can makes Me A Muslim
    • View Profile
    • Special Discount For hajj and Umrah Guest
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 11:21:17 PM »
THANKS SIR THIS IS VERY GOOD IDEA.
I AM AGREE WITH YOU .
THAN WE ARE  CONTRIBUTE OUR SELF'S.
THANKS SIR

MOHAMMAD ABDUS SALAM SONY
DEPARTMENT OF REAL ESTATE
DIU
আল্লাহর রহমতে প্রতি বছর হজে যাওয়ার সুযোগ হচ্ছে।এভাবেই হাজীদের খেদমত করে যেতে চাই।

আমার প্রতিষ্ঠান www.zilhajjgroup.com
www.corporatetourbd.com

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 10:48:56 AM »

The most important part of teaching, i suppose, is to take preparation for the class. A teacher has to study a lot and take necessary preparation before going to the class. He/she  has to be sure before what he or she is going to teach the students in a particular class.

Offline Sharmin Jahan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 02:02:28 PM »
Shibli Sir, I strongly agree with you. If the teacher is clear enough regarding the topic only then he or she will be able to describe the thing simply and fascinatingly.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 04:53:18 PM »
The more preparation a teacher takes, the more easy it becomes for him or her to make the lesson lucid. I do agree with you, Madam. We should study a lot and take sufficient preparation before taking class.

Offline Sharmin Jahan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 12:40:42 PM »
My view is, as a teacher we should work to increase the confidence level of our students. The more confident they fell, the better they feel about the task at hand and their ability to do that. I think, to build confidence level we should avoid criticism. Criticism can make someone depressed which can creates barrier to become successful in the life.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 05:18:11 PM »

One. Good teaching is as much about passion as it is about reason. It's about not only motivating students to learn, but teaching them how to learn, and doing so in a manner that is relevant, meaningful, and memorable. It's about caring for your craft, having a passion for it, and conveying that passion to everyone, most importantly to your students.

To be continued